F-15C Landing in Bad Weather - No ILS

greenfrog

Hi all,

A relatively new flight simmer here. I've got to grips with flying all of the FC3 aircraft during the day, take offs and landings are going well.

I've taken a liking to the F-15c and have been practicing basic flight and landing with that. I've learned to land visually, and also by using the ILS.

I want to start practicing landing at night and in bad foggy conditions.

My question is... since about 5% of the airports on the Caucasus map have ILS available to use, how is one meant to land at an airport that doesn't support ILS, in bad weather conditions?! (For all intents and purposes let's say it was an emergency landing for low fuel for example).

Any help is appreciated, many thanks

Most of the Caucasus airports do have ILS in game. Check for the lines on the F10 map. For the total IFR Eagle is not certified so you must divert. For all landings use ATC menu. You will get azimuth and range to the approach fix and runway heading. With that info you can cycle waypoints in ILS mode until you find the right one. HSI will be your best friend here. At the fix point it will turn into range and bearing to the runway with course alligned with the runway.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria