tranfer PG terrain from OB to Stable folder?

hello

i have 2 copies of DCS ,one for stable version and the other is for latest beta.

i purchased pursian gulf map and dowloaded it to the OB version , now i want to transfer it to the stable version folder without downloading it again since my internet is capped.

i tried copy paste it from the OB folder to the Stable version one but it doesnt work ,

how can i do that properly if its possible?

thanks

As far as I'm aware if you open your DCS stable version and go to the module manager it should ask you if you want to install the PG map. If you select yes the installer will search your PC for any other installs you have ie the Beta and copy it over from there.

That's how it's happened to me in the past anyway.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

As far as I'm aware if you open your DCS stable version and go to the module manager it should ask you if you want to install the PG map. If you select yes the installer will search your PC for any other installs you have ie the Beta and copy it over from there.

That's how it's happened to me in the past anyway.

tried that but doesnt work for me , i press install it just starts downloading it, weird thing is that after i copied it ,it was checked as installed in the stable version but it doesnt show up if i want to select a mission/qiuick start ....etc

You have to add

"PERSIANGULF_terrain",

in the autoupdate.cfg in your DCS folder.

exactly how i wrote it above with " and ,

somewhere between the other modules.

Maybe it even doesn't work after doing that, because of different DCS versions (2.5.5 stable vs 2.5.6 open beta). Then do "repair DCS"

• ED Team

just use your module manager to install the terrain, the updater will look for other versions of DCS and use them.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You have to add

"PERSIANGULF_terrain",

in the autoupdate.cfg in your DCS folder.

exactly how i wrote it above with " and ,

somewhere between the other modules.

Maybe it even doesn't work after doing that, because of different DCS versions (2.5.5 stable vs 2.5.6 open beta). Then do "repair DCS"[/QU

it worked ,thank you:thumbup:

thanks everyone