Outboard spoilers during TO roll

Pochi

Hi,

I noticed that when taking off my outboard spoilers remain up until I rotate. When I rotate they retracts themselves.

Before rolling, all my spoilers are up ( which is normal) and when I push the throttle forward only the inboard spoilers retracts...

Is this normal behavior? I used to think all spoilers should retract when adding power...?

Thanks for help,

Best regards,

Pierre

Yes all spoilers should be retracted. Did you configure the aircraft correctly during startup and before takeoff? You didn't leave the test switch in some setting that isn't off or anything?

Remembered to hit the Reset? Cycled the Antiskid/Spoilers switch?

I use hot start take-off. I only use manœuver flaps. I tried to cycle anti-skid switch and reset wing computer, to no avail. That must be a bug then. Lowering flaps and raising them again is a work around to get the spoilers down.

Pierre

It's a bug. Once the wings are forward if you encounter the partial spoilers up bug it can be worked around by engaging and disengaging full flaps. Once you go wheels up off the runway or carrier the bug goes away, and will not affect Tomcat performance. The bug is a known bug. No adverse control input or effect on the Tomcat other than it looks weird.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

It's not a bug... the hydraulics are not pressurized until you activate your flaps (basically, read the NATOPS for more detail). Drop your flaps briefly and they will go down before takeoff. If you were going through all of the startup and pre-flight procedures, this wouldn't be an issue, but who has time for all that ? :)

It's not a bug... the hydraulics are not pressurized until you activate your flaps (basically, read the NATOPS for more detail). Drop your flaps briefly and they will go down before takeoff. If you were going through all of the startup and pre-flight procedures, this wouldn't be an issue, but who has time for all that ? :)

I do, actually. Where is this noted? Maybe I missed it somehow, and why not all spoilers react the same way?

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

The outboard spoilers are powered by a seperate electrically driven motor which is turned off if the aircraft is on the ground and the flaps are up to prevent that motor from overheating. You can see the status of this outboard spoiler module below the hydraulic pressure indicators (the most buttom left window).

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD