Shapeways Warthog AB detent issues

Notso

So I just received and installed my new shapeways AB detent piece. It works fine, but.....

As advertised, you can now push through the throttle detent stop without lifting the fingerlifts. However, after that initial stop and push through, there is another hard stop detent just before the very end of the range of travel of the throttles. You can push through that one as well. So in essence there are now two distinct detents stops. That is not normal, there should only be one detent at the beginning of the transition of Mil power to Min AB. And then it should be smooth to the end of the stop at Max AB. Is anyone else seeing this?

The 2nd issue is that AB doesn't start when you push through the first detent like you would expect. When you push through, you have to go a bit more before AB kick in. I played with F2 view looking behind the a/c to see when the min AB plum just started, and it's not immediately after the detent like it should. How do you adjust for this without messing up the linear nature of the rest of the throttle range. I assume you have to do a custom user value as just messing with saturation or curve in DCS changes the whole response feel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Which detent did you order? There are a lot of options.

This one has a single push through "bump" (it is what I was using with my WH Throttle)

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3MJPNE2SV/warthog-throttle-part-afterburner-detent

You still need to tweak the curves on each module to find the sweet spot where the AB kicks in. It is not in the same place module to module.

It shouldn't work that way. I only have one detent.

I most definitely have two distinct detents.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

The 2nd issue is that AB doesn't start when you push through the first detent like you would expect. When you push through, you have to go a bit more before AB kick in. I played with F2 view looking behind the a/c to see when the min AB plum just started, and it's not immediately after the detent like it should. How do you adjust for this without messing up the linear nature of the rest of the throttle range. I assume you have to do a custom user value as just messing with saturation or curve in DCS changes the whole response feel.

Each aircraft have different detent position. So for each you have to make a different response curve so that your physical detent match with the virtual detent.

Here I explain how I did it for the original Warthog detent and the Hornet.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250033

Does anyone have a suggestion to fix the double physical detent in this new shapeways plug? Has anyone bought from them before???

If you could tell us which one you have (a link to a picture would be good) we might be able to suggest something. I am guessing that filing a little section would remove the issue.

Like the others on this thread, I have a shapeways insert and it only has the one detent.

Ant0ine's post for setting the curves is very good - another option is

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182299

which has a set of values worked out by other people which I have used (you may have to tweak them slightly to match your throttle as each one behaves slightly differently)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

there are multiple detent versions available, one of the versions has two detents, which is the version i have, you sound like you wanted this one ... you either ordered the wrong one, or the wrong one was shipped.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg