Can't activate radar altimeter

v2tec

I am doing a cold start, but when I activate the radar altimeter at the end, it doesn't work.

Even in the training mission it doesn't work.

When I play a mission with running engine I can turn on / off the radar altimeter with that switch. So it seems it is a bug.

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

I can not set the low and high markers, because I can not activate the altimeter. It dosen‘t get power.

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

I can not set the low and high markers, because I can not activate the altimeter. It dosen‘t get power.

As he said, you set them. There are two dials below the altimeter, to the left and to the right, one for the high limit and one for the low limit. The one for the low limit also turn the radar NO.

A suggestion is to actually read the manual. Quite a lot of good stuff in it. If not reading it entirely, you can use it as a reference for these kind of things.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

All these suggestions are right, but these guys forgot tell you to activate the Radar Altimeter by setting the Radar Alt on/off switch at the end of the Overhead Panel (behind the Cirquit breakers) - a single switch. Set this in the ON position and then use the left dial on the Radar Altimeter to switch it on.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

All these suggestions are right, but these guys forgot tell you to activate the Radar Altimeter by setting the Radar Alt on/off switch at the end of the Overhead Panel (behind the Cirquit breakers) - a single switch. Set this in the ON position and then use the left dial on the Radar Altimeter to switch it on.
I believe he did that, judging by the first post.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I believe he did that, judging by the first post.

ok, that's then a weird thing. I was pretty sure he forgot that switch I was referring to, especially when he said that it does work in a hot Heli. I never had an issue with the RadarAltim, so I don't think that this is a bug

EDIT: Stupid question @v2tec, but did you activated the inverter switch and set the generator switch from start to standbyGen?

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective