S-3 Textures and EA-6B?

Jcbrotastic

Not sure if it’s been talked about yet, but has anyone seen anything mentioned about updating the S-3 textures? Also, has anyone brought up adding EA-6B as an AI aircraft? Just a thought, so we could have an aircraft that’s main role is SEAD/EW. Would definitely compliment the SC module and build emersion of having a full CVW onboard.

It's believed that ED may eventually update the model of the Viking itself, and Heatblur is planning on making an AI A-6. Plus you've got FlyingIron making the A-7, so all that plus the HB 14A/B should make for some nice 90's CVW setups way down the road.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

There have been quite a number of threads requesting a revamp of the S3 textures and further development of the AAR model in general spanning over a number of years. I believe there had been some mention a while back that this would be revisited with the SC, however, I haven't seen any recent reference to it from Kate or Wags in any product roadmap.

The people/team that are revamping existing models appear to be working on the WWII Asset pack at this stage so I'd think any change to the S3 is unlikely in the foreseeable future. But then again maybe something is in the works tied to the SC.

A revamp is really important, same for the SH60. It’s great getting a super detailed carrier and ground crew but having such outdated and ugly models for those two units will really take away from the module. They did a great job on the E2 so hopefully they can do something similar with the Viking and Seahawk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A revamp is really important, same for the SH60. It’s great getting a super detailed carrier and ground crew but having such outdated and ugly models for those two units will really take away from the module. They did a great job on the E2 so hopefully they can do something similar with the Viking and Seahawk.

Yeah I agree 100% man. Even having other models other than the SH-60B would be nice. Having the SH-60F & HH-60H models(the ones that were mainly on CVN’s) would be cool but not a big deal for me if it’s still just the 60B. That’s me just getting picky because I was a rescue swimmer on a carrier and we didn’t have 60B’s haha.

There are some excellent S-3 textures in the user files section

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307156/

Screen_191126_180045.jpg

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition