Curious about Mk 77 Firebomb and effects, forest fires?

Lanlach

Since the F/a-18 roadmap has announced that they aim to include the mk 77, I was wondering if this would mean an update to the current fire effects.

My first question: Will the firebombs have an advantage when it comes to trying to do something other than instantaneous damage, i.e, will the bombs do a certain amount of damage over time?

Second: Will there be any spread to the fire after bomb deployment.. will the radius of damage expand over time?

Third: Will it have different effects based on the terrain? Like can it cause a forest fire or maybe do extra damage in an urban situation?

Fourth and final: This question is obvious but will the fire effects change and maybe look more glorious?!?!?!

Ofc it is announced to be developed next year (they have enough on their plate lol) so I have no expectations in terms of final decisions made by ED but I was wondering what their thoughts are as well as the community!

Since the F/a-18 roadmap has announced that they aim to include the mk 77, I was wondering if this would mean an update to the current fire effects.

It will indeed require an update on the current fire effects or even the implementation of new effects: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3288125&postcount=14

How far ED will go with this? I have no idea.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg