My fist impression of Super Taurus Throttle

Supmua

Hey man, I'm having trouble binding my switches on the panel. Did you have any issues? Any links or tutorials? I have no experience with this stuff

Make sure panel is plugged into mainboard usb or powered hub.

Run up DCS, go to settings, select the aircraft you want.

In the device columns you will see the Winwing panel.

Select the binding on the left then double click the corresponding box in the panel column.

Once the dialogue box opens move the switch on the panel. Do this for all the switches then click ok

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 1 year later...

My ST arrived about 2 weeks ago and had some minor, albeit noticeable stiction. I used some multi-purpose synthetic grease I had 'laying around' that I use on my lawnmower spindles (AirTech/LubeShuttle G200 EP). It worked the trick and stiction is 100% gone, although now the friction level is less effective at the top range. Before I could just about lock the throttle completely at full forward, now full forward provides just a touch more than perfect (to me) resistance. Overall I'll take loss of stiction over loss of friction any day 🙂

Interestingly, the metal box that enshrouds it has no function other than essentially being a dust cover and a stand to mount the assembly on if not using the WW mounts (or a similar mount like monstertech that takes advantage of the mounting points that WW mounts use); the WW based mounts actually bolt onto the throttle assembly itself; one could hang this 'naked' from their desk without any issue other than dust accumulating faster.

gmvamjv2l0181.jpg

5d6lidv2l0181.jpg

Edited by AggressorBLUE

I've had my S.T. Throttle for a couple of months now. It really is a remarkable piece of kit for the home-sim enthusiast. This is the golden age of military flight sim-ing, without question. DCS plus hardware like Winwing, Thrustmaster, Virpil, and the little independent guys like Tekcreations....not sure it will ever get any better than this. 🙂

• Like 1

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

12 hours ago, wilbur81 said:

I've had my S.T. Throttle for a couple of months now. It really is a remarkable piece of kit for the home-sim enthusiast. This is the golden age of military flight sim-ing, without question. DCS plus hardware like Winwing, Thrustmaster, Virpil, and the little independent guys like Tekcreations....not sure it will ever get any better than this. 🙂

Yes! The convergence of space simming (expands the market enough to hit just enough critical mass) and the maker-for-hire movement has allowed the cottage industry of simming hardware to flourish. 

Only thing we're missing now is an affordable force feedback stick 🙂