River textures (My first mod, be kind!)

Aeroscout

Looking pretty darned good Aero :thumbup:

Love the Mods that breath a wee bit of life into the Landscape!

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ok, oh well, I'll try again... I have a few more ideas. I really do appreciate the honest opinion. I'm thinking I'll make the mouth kinda like a river delta, with sand and water flowing around it and though it in smaller streams.

I haven't had a look at the wide rivers yet, but I'm assuming you're correct. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to change it.

I noticed there has been some difference of opinions with this. More rapids, less rapids... I think I'll include an option of several different textures and the user can chose. (like what you're doing, brit_radar_dude) Same with the mouth of the river.

Does anyone know how to make certain textures specific to a season? I'm going to have to make a separate river for each season, and thus I'm going to have to know how to do this.

I'll do more tomorrow. luckily, I have next week off, so I'll hopefully have more updates!

Nice work. I am giving it up as you are way ahead and doing great. The thing with the river is to try and give it the impression of movement but this is very hard as you know because it repeats what you put in, like rapids etc. Rapids would be nice but how to get them spaced far enough apart is a problem, motion of the river simulated of course , unless you want to tackle animation. Hee Hee. going to get you right into this, ha ha. I think you know what I am trying to say though. I tried to give it the simulated movement by using white here and there and did not seem to bad, but my blue was to light. Trying to match the grass texture is a problem too. Although it blends the color is off, again not an easy task to make it blend in, unless you try to make it look like a bank, which is getting into putting height to the grass area. No easy task. Just some thoughts for you but I think you know most of what I have said anyway. Keep up the good work and we will give you feedback. Your doing great.:thumbup:

Ok, I think I've finalized the river. Now I'm working on some that match the stock terrain, not just the sim-mod terrain. I want to take the existing river texture and just remove the water, put in my water and put in the rapids. However, I'm not sure of the legalities of this. I don't wish to take credit for the entire river texture, but just the water; not the river banks. However, I still want to make sure I'm not breaking any laws by releasing this.

ED, please help me here...

Thanks

Oh, and the new mouth textures. http://rapidshare.com/files/92954940/MOUTH.tga.html

I hope to make textures for each season, and then someones going to have to help me with a modman pack that will install each texture to the correct place.

Thanks again

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices