Problems with cockpit lighting pushbuttons

probaco

Anyone else having trouble with the cockpitlighting ? The SW cool, MSL prep, Gun rate etc are barely visible in close up. In normal sitting position they aren't even visible.

I am having the same issue. NWS light does not come on either. I haven't done a full check but noticed that backlighting was missing on many of the switches when I was flying.

Yeah same here.../QUOTE]

Good Screenshot. It appears to be only the pushbutton lights NWS and master test and fault display lights. The channel indicators and TID and RWR illumination is fine.

HB if you are fixing these would you look at putting in a Visor option as the glare if facing anywhere near the sun is blotting out the HUD completely.

Edited by andygg
remove uneccessary image

Yes, I've seen the same issue on several aircraft. Something has changed in the gamma or global lighting setting. Even the glass on the analog instruments seems to be "glowing". Hope DCS doesn't see this as updated lighting improvement.

OS: Windows 10 64bit / MB: MSI Gamers Edge /CPU:Intel CORE I5 9600K @ 4.5 GHz/ RAM: 32 GB / Gfx: Geforce 980 GTX TI x2 in SLI /Drives:1 970 NVMe & 2x SSD RAID 0 /Joystick: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog/ TrackIR 5/Saitek Rudder

Yep, we are waiting for ED to finalize their lighting changes, so we can readjust ours back to normal. Unfortunately it is a very time consuming task, hence we are "sitting out" the changes in the meantime, or else we would do nothing but. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I do think that the dim push buttons are an ED issue. I’ve flown several modules today, the MIG-29, SU-33... they all suffer from this issue. They are mentioned in the Beta Tester log as being fixed for the next patch.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick