P-47 vs P-51

It all depends on what you are interested in flying and how much money you are prepared to spend.

The Dora does not have much of a speed advantage on the P51D and is terrible at turning. It is only good for diving on unsuspecting planes and extending away. If an enemy plane gets behind you with similar energy to you you are in a lot of trouble.

Thank you very much for your sincere response.

And I admire your professional knowledge.

thumbup.gif

P51 was my first DCS module and i think its beside the MI-8 and MIG21 one of the best; they put great attention to it all the years !

P47 is new and compared to the P51 more or less a nightmare or lets say a prototype in reality. I hope they will correct the flightmodel, i doubt it was such unstable and responsive or doing such tight turns with nearly no speed .

Sometimes it feels like a STOL plane ....

I was expecting to feel the heavy weight and therefore much of G´s when in tight or fast turns....but this things dances around like a feather. turning 180° in groundattacks is done so easy and fast....when switching to outside view and see that fat pig doing this ; just wondering what it would do with flaps on slider ;-)

Edited by kubanloewe

WIN 10; i9-9900K@4,8GHz; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus;32GB Corsair DDR4 3600MHz; 2TB Samsung SSD; GeForce GTX1080 8GB Seahawk; 34" AW3418DW; MS FFB2 Stick

Sometimes it feels like a STOL plane ....

Carrier is doing roughly 30knots (plane has 55 km/h IAS when stationary on deck). Would you like to share the the headwind component details?

With a right (not necessarily always realistic) conditions set in mission editor, many planes will be able to land on a carrier or will behave like a STOL capable.

In reality, I'm sure it's possible to find a clips proving it's possible to land on a carrier with any of the planes when looking back into history of DCS and youtube. What does it prove though - except of someone having a good fun in DCS?

I would suggest not going into the flight model discussion, especially if aside of personal expectations and general belief there are no facts referenced.

Aside of that it's certainly not a "prototype". Contrary, it's actually a really complete module as for an EA release. Obviously it has been just out for the beta so there are things missing or to be improved but at this moment at least in my opinion it's one of the the best (if not the best) looking and sounding module.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all