AGM-84D Harpoon TRUE heading flight path BUG

GumidekCZ

BOL mode, UFC BRG defined by heading readed from HSI on waypoint where ship is staticly located. AGM-84D shortly after parameters typed in, missile will fly on TRUE heading. on HSI the line was dipalyed as the BRG was MAG value. So the is TRUE typed in UFC (missile will fly) but HSI display missile line of flight in MAG heading.

Manual says:

"Flight Bearing (BRG): (BOL mode only). As with the SRCH function, the player will select

the BRG option on the UFC. The magnetic or true bearing relative to ownship that the

Harpoon will launch along."

My additional question than is which heading AGM-84D uses, or how to switch for missile, where?

AGM-84D-BUG.trk

Edited by GumidekCZ

• 6 months later...
  • GumidekCZ changed the title to AGM-84D Harpoon TRUE heading flight path BUG
  • 9 months later...

Still there, I would like to se this topic finaly labeled as "REPORTED", its more than a year without any notice.

Again:

Me flying MAG 270° (Caucasus map 276,2° TRUE), Harpoon set by UFC to fly MAG 270°, but instead of that, Harpoon fly its TRUE HDG 270°

obrazek.png

I heard somewhere, that Harpoons will be or shall be at this time already reworked and recoded from the ground. Is there any progress made?

Edited by GumidekCZ
  • Like 1

• ED Team

if you have any evidence it should be any different please DM me. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

51 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

if you have any evidence it should be any different please DM me. 

thanks

Evidence for what, that Harpoon INS was able to switch between MAG/TRUE? Good try.

Try to set course for Harpoon and than switch MAG/TRUE around... you will see that the draw line of Harpoon will be turned into MAG or TRUE heading according to it. But after Harpoon released, its not following the MAG course line! If you watched the tracks, its there. And if not, I can make a new one.

Edited by GumidekCZ

• ED Team

Calm down, I had miss understood the issue but it is reported now. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 years later...

Because My June 2020 report still not solved and I found even more strange BUG behaviour, Im opening new report topic.
Old one:
Me flying MAG 270° (Caucasus map 276,2° TRUE), Harpoon set by UFC to fly MAG 270°, but instead of that, Harpoon fly its TRUE HDG 270°

New find:
Me flying MAG 260° (Caucasus map 266° TRUE), (Avionics set to MAG) Harpoon in BOL mode set by UFC to fly bearing 260°
Than I switched avionics to TRUE and on HSI the line of Harpoon flightpath is correct ... 260° of TRUE, but after launch, the Harpoon will fly 254° TRUE.
Thats radiculous! The missile should fly on type of bearing (MAG or TRUE) selected in avionics in time of bearing enterd in UFC. If MAG/TRUE changed in A/C HSI page after that, nothing should change - the bearing is already in memory of Harpoon INS. There is no command that should change it.

track attached
Harpoon_BOL_bearing_BUG.trk