[CANNOT REPRODUCE, MISSING TRACK] Lost ability to change radar range

450Devil

During a flight today on a MP server I was unable to change the radar range in either A2A or A2G modes. Fixed the issue when I landed and selected a new F18.

Screenshot attached.

I've had that quite a lot...I presumed I'd gone into a different mode or something as has come back, but without really knowing how.

I've also lost the ground radar elevation adjustment without knowing how?

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

I was able to reproduce this, with a TGP.

Any time I has a TGP designation point, I was unable to change the range scale of the radar in A/A or A/G mode. In all cases, undesignating with the pod and then going to the radar page solved.

Screenshot attached showing missing OSB markers on the right side of the DDI, as would normally be there. I am currently flying right now so a track is not available yet.

Edit:

Video link.

Edit 2:

Link to track, 80mb.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au6nuN4_FUp2grU1kH_qnXkD6kat-Q?e=mBYKRo

Screen_200622_203601.thumb.png.96463bde695995b869ad18963092061a.png

Edited by Tiburtius
Youtube video

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

Tiburtius - I think you have nailed the issue. I had been using the TPG with AGM-65Es prior to the radar range issue emerging. Why the TPG should adversely impact the ability to change ranges on the radar is a question that needs fixing.

Any time I has a TGP designation point, I was unable to change the range scale of the radar in A/A or A/G mode. In all cases, undesignating with the pod and then going to the radar page solved.

Screenshot attached showing missing OSB markers on the right side of the DDI, as would normally be there. I am currently flying right now so a track is not available yet.

Edit:

Video link.

Edit 2:

Link to track, 80mb.

This is not a bug....

when you have a target point it is shared between the Hornet sensors (similar to the SPI concept in the A-10C).

So locking a target with the TPOD will create a designate point also on the AG Radar.

If you undesignate it, you will be able to "point" the sensors (radar, TGP) where you wish.

So it is normal.

Now this should not happen in the AA radar mode (Ag target should not affect AA radar).

If you post the steps to reproduce or a short track (sorry but your 80MB one is too long to nail this) it will be possible to see what happens

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Edit:

Video link.

Edit 2:

Link to track, 80mb.

I’ve seen this as well. Is this behavior intended?

This is not a bug....

when you have a target point it is shared between the Hornet sensors (similar to the SPI concept in the A-10C).

So locking a target with the TPOD will create a designate point also on the AG Radar.

If you undesignate it, you will be able to "point" the sensors (radar, TGP) where you wish.

So it is normal.

Now this should not happen in the AA radar mode (Ag target should not affect AA radar).

If you post the steps to reproduce or a short track (sorry but your 80MB one is too long to nail this) it will be possible to see what happens

I figured that this likely would not entirely fall into the bug category, and that there should be some link capability between the sensors.

You are correct in that switching to the A/A radar mode does return the radar to normal function including range scaling. It is when you not in either master mode, or in A/G mode but go to the A/A radar page that this occurs. I would have though there some indication that the radar is "not available" for A/A scanning due to the designation. At first glance, it appears to be "broken" until you realize what is going on. We don't always jump to A/A mode to check the radar scope (perhaps we should be?).

Apologies for not getting back to this sooner, I haven't spent time at my computer lately.

I figured this would be easily reproducible from the conditions and video.

Attach are the requested shorter track and mission file, which also shows the return to correct behavior under A/A master mode.

TGP-Radar-Test.miz

TGP-Radar-Test.trk

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.