Neverending contest (military aviation knowledge)

Kusch

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sepecat Jaguar equipt with a screen for laser designator? (Tiald or is that only used on Tornado?)

Damn your good.:)

it was equipt with the Tiald.

shame they scraped it soon after they updated it. It was a fantastic aircraft. Should be in LO/FC or DCS...

Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer S2B?

couldn't find a pic.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Finally my big book with aircrafts (The encyclopedia of modern military aircrafts) pays off! :D Thought i reconned that Jaguar cockpit :thumbup:

have to find one my self now.

Here's an easy one.

Where do i live? just kiding :music_whistling:

Here is the real one: What makes the afterburne on the Saab 37 Viggen special amongst other afterburners?

• Like 1

"It was said to be the first production engine to ever have such a combination of features. The engine provided 115.7 kN (11,800 kgp / 26,015 lbf) afterburning thrust. The thrust reverser featured three "jaws" that snapped shut when the nose gear touched down, blasting the exhaust forward through three slots around the fuselage under the tail."

:)

I learned something from your riddle. Nice question

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

carbon fibre????

Okey, here's on just for you (ok, others are allowed to asnwer asswell)

What made the wings on the J 35 Draken so special?

EDIT:

Im sure you posted that before me?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Okey, here's on just for you (ok, others are allowed to asnwer asswell)

What made the wings on the J 35 Draken so special?

They (were one of the first?) to have those 'strakes' on the leading edge that create vortices, re-energising air flow (or something). (Then again that could just be the viggen).

Maybe that the draken's wings had a larger degree of sweep on the inside than the two yards on either end, thus producing.. meh (i've run out of steam lol).

Edit: oh crap, sorry Topol, missed your reply. Do I still get any kudos for my slightly more [or less] comprehensive (and generalised) answers??

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T