? about the damage model

Flyby

Just an idle curiosity concerning the cockpit windows, and damage from bullets, and shrapnel: will such damage be modeled?

thanks!

Flyby

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Just an idle curiosity concerning the cockpit windows, and damage from bullets, and shrapnel: will such damage be modeled?

thanks!

Flyby

I've tested BS twice at exhibitions and during MAKS airshow and can truly say that the DM of canopy and cockpit is not modelled now. I suppose that it won't be modelled in DCS.

I think the dynamic damage model for cockpit is not available right now for the reason of present technology. The cockpit dynamic damage modeling should require real-time collision calculation and interaction with the outer aircraft model. Maybe this would be achieved the day ED uses hardware physical calculating (like Aegia Hardware Physical Accelerator).

Crysis does not require a PPU(Physical Proccessing Unit) but still can achieve an amazing physical effect. It uses CPU do the PPU works. So I think the matter is just technology.

RTX 3070

I think they could pull off damage to the windows, at minimum just decals for round/shrapnal impacts. However, I think they could make crackable/breakable glass on impact. Considering the physics they're using on the rest of the chopper this should be easy.

I'd like a ridiculously squeamish pilot. Never mind the sight of own blood...at a drop of a wrench, I want him screaming like a white supremacist who woke up with an excessive case of afro.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P