Really annoying English voice

Taz1004

I modified the speech/common.lua file so all spoken languages are in English. I don't like to read subtitles.

But the English player voice in Ka-50 has very annoying accent. Donno what accent it is... it sounds like a French imitating British accent. Says like "Tuh, angage tagas ah uppatunatee".

Wingmen voices aren't that bad but the player voice I can't stand it.

Su-25T player voice isn't this bad. Is there way to change the player voice?

Edited by Taz1004

Why modify your own voice?

Do you need to read subtitles to know what you are saying yourself??

Yeah. The english voices are stupid as F.

That's why you don't use them

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Why modify your own voice?

Do you need to read subtitles to know what you are saying yourself??

Yeah. The english voices are stupid as F.

That's why you don't use them

Why modify my own voice? I don't think you understood me correctly. I modified the lua file so the voices are all in English rather than Russian. I didn't modify my own voice.

I never said I need to read subtitles either.

My choice of not using the English voice is to use Russian voice which means I have to "Read" subtitles of Wingmen and ATC.

The question was not "WHY" I do things I do. Question was if there is way to replace the audio files or remove them. Why does Su-25 voice different than Blackshark voices? Is there way to copy the Su-25 voices to Blackshark?

Audio files have recently been encrypted, so you can't change the sound files.

The Su-25 voice is still from Lock On, which didn't have the Ka-50 back then. Even if you could switch to the Su-25 voice you'd be missing a lot of samples (eg anything related to hovering or datalink). They probably couldn't get hold of the original voice actor, so the re-recorded everything for the Black Shark. Same with the A-10C just a few years later.