JF-17 Third Radio?

CrypticVillain

So whenever I'm connected to the hoggit server with the jf-17 I have a third radio show up on SRS kinda like the a-10c. Its called VHF/UHF Expansion and it's tuned to 251.000. At first I thought this was just a ui mistake on SRS's part but then I heard someone talk over it directly to me. Warning me of an incoming mig 29. So long story short I was wondering if there was anyway inside the jet to change this freq? It really sucks having to dedicate one of your radios to data link and being stuck with only one radio.

I have included a screen shot of the SRS overlay.

1859602634_jf-17rad.PNG.31917bfc2e49b91605b2ab304efa55f8.PNG

So whenever I'm connected to the hoggit server with the jf-17 I have a third radio show up on SRS kinda like the a-10c. Its called VHF/UHF Expansion and it's tuned to 251.000. At first I thought this was just a ui mistake on SRS's part but then I heard someone talk over it directly to me. Warning me of an incoming mig 29. So long story short I was wondering if there was anyway inside the jet to change this freq? It really sucks having to dedicate one of your radios to data link and being stuck with only one radio.

I have included a screen shot of the SRS overlay.

third one is an expansion that SRS provide ..... u can change first with Comm 1 dial second one with Comm 2 but u will not have datalink but ..... if u are talking about the third one u can change freq very easy cuz its belong to SRS

Edited by Chiron

third one is an expansion that SRS provide ..... u can change first with Comm 1 dial second one with Comm 2 but u will not have datalink but ..... if u are talking about the third one u can change freq very easy cuz its belong to SRS

Ah ok that was my fear I was hoping it was part of the jet but if its just something srs provides then I guess i won't be using it :(

as u wish but as my most fly time with a squad i use one comm 1 for squad communication and SRS expansion for GCI communication

Yeah if real jf-17 had a third radio or if data link was also used for communication I would definitely use it. But I haven't heard anything like that. Thanks for the info though!

Yeah if real jf-17 had a third radio or if data link was also used for communication I would definitely use it. But I haven't heard anything like that. Thanks for the info though!

Real JF-17 has 3 radios.

And what you are seeing there is just the Guard frequency of the radio, it isn't "irrealistic" or anything like that.

Real JF-17 has 3 radios.

And what you are seeing there is just the Guard frequency of the radio, it isn't "irrealistic" or anything like that.

Block 3 (and late block 2?) JF-17s have 3 radios. The one we have now is more like a late block 1/early block 2 hybrid so it doesn’t technically have the third radio yet.

Block 3 (and late block 2?) JF-17s have 3 radios. The one we have now is more like a late block 1/early block 2 hybrid so it doesn’t technically have the third radio yet.

Anyway, what you're watching there is the Guard frequency, nothing weird.