No Player Voice Mod

This mod removes player voice from the comm. They're simply short empty sound files that replaces default player voice files.

I was looking for a mod to disable annoying Blackshark English player voice but couldn't find one so I made my own. And then decided to disable it for other modules as well. I figured I don't need to be reminded what I said and the voice isn't even my voice.

I know VAICOM users don't need this as it has its own option to do so but this is for people in an environment where they can't use speech recognition such as myself.

Install:

Just extract to:

X:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS\

Additionally, below is lua file that converts all Russian comm voices to English. Just so I don't have to read subtitles of what my Wingman and ATC said.

This also has modified common_events.lua which eliminates delay between giving command and response.

Install:

This one extracts to main DCS install directory. Recommend using Mod Manager.

Some possible issues, credits, and disclaimer.

1. Latest sound files are encrypted and I did not know what files to overwrite. So I reverse engineered the file names and structure from English Radio Voice mod by BManx2000. As such, it is possible newer player voice files from latest modules may not be included.

2. I noticed VAICOM disables English Comm lua file mod. It is possible other mod that edits speech may conflict.

3. May not be multiplayer compatible. Did not check.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Thanks 1

Yes. Works on latest OB.

The main install has no "Sounds" folder.

That's why the "No Player Voice Mod" extracts to X:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS. ED changed this few months ago so all sounds mod go into Saved Games\DCS\Sounds. Not main install path.

The English Comm mod should go into Main install path. It goes into DCS\Scripts\Speech

• 3 weeks later...