Will BS use of a realistic infantry? (I am not talking about ability shootem'up)

You can (I) do that already in a crude way in missions - just set the start time for the unit a few minutes after the aircraft should arrive if flown the way you intend.

Player arrives, takes out the primary threats, takes their time now that they're safe, then a stinger 'gets the nerve' to appear & has a go...

Seems perfectly believable to me that someone might take 5 - 10 minutes after a CAS aircraft arrives to get the presence of mind & the nerve to run into a building & get a MANPAD.

Cheers.

hey,

Some infantry is better than none. After like yrs of begging they finally added in. For instance imagine a scenario where you can place infantry partroling on a cargo ship in a ship yard and you suddenly strafe in with your Ka-50 sideways. They as a regular vehicle AI...try to shoot at you....but you basically strage away with the cannon. Boy! that would be sooooo cool. :p lol!

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

He seems to be asking for component damage (killing a vehicle by just killing the crew, knocking out the tracks or engine etc) on vehicles not infantry AI, this is not going in DCS yet but is important due to the Air to ground nature of the first 3 aircraft.

Also that fist video on the first page is a game, it's Project Reality mod for Bf2 with the audio from that old apache vid spliced into it.

Unfortunately, that might actually be quite a high requirement.

Infantry in BS is modified vehicle AI - and I'm not certain on this, but I don't think the vehicles are clever enough to fight a battle like that.

Move, find cover, fire, move again . . . that's pretty serious stuff.

Stalker and FEAR do it well and have been praised for it . . . but they're solid first-person-shooters, and Black Shark isn't.

Hmm why do u think it could be very hard to do? Soldiers can have script... example:

if soldier fire then

go to <random area between 10-50m) \\go minimum 10 m from shoot position and max 50

end;

or

if soldier stays close to building example max 30m then

after shoot go to wall building

end;

and more&more scripts

I don't expect natural behaviour but this litte scripts can do MUCH when we compare to oryginal behaviour. It is same with vehicles, example when column is attacked they drive faster example up to 20% oryginal speed or drive zigzag until they lost contact with enemy or must level the driving due to example brigde. Think it could be done with scripts.

;)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Hmm why do u think it could be very hard to do? Soldiers can have script... example:

if soldier fire then

go to <random area between 10-50m) \\go minimum 10 m from shoot position and max 50

end;

or

if soldier stays close to building example max 30m then

after shoot go to wall building

end;

and more&more scripts

I don't expect natural behaviour but this litte scripts can do MUCH when we compare to oryginal behaviour. It is same with vehicles, example when column is attacked they drive faster example up to 20% oryginal speed or drive zigzag until they lost contact with enemy or must level the driving due to example brigde. Think it could be done with scripts.

;)

. . . I'm not an ED programmer, I really can't comment.

I suspect it's a bit more complicated than that, though.

Making AI behave realistically in a closed off environment is comparatively simple to making AI behave correctly across varied landscapes and hundreds sq. km of land, buildings, trees, and rocks. Not to mention non static objects like tanks.

If the infantry was set up with the LO Mission Editor we have now. Yes I would be complaining that you can't have any fun with them and do cool stuff.

But the triggers in the ME look to be capable of so much more. With some creative thinking you can make the infantry behave a little more realistically than expected.

Maybe there is a trigger available that a large mechanized infantry patrol is moving towards a target area. All of a sudden 3+ Black Sharks start attacking them within a trigger area. A new waypoint is assigned based off of this IF condition to appear that they are running away.

Sure they didn't decide without help to run away, but thats the effect you get out of it. :D

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum