Ralfidude SUCKS!

Raisuli

There. Someone said it. Every time I utterly fail to perform an A2A refueling, which is every time (I'm batting a thousand here) I can't get the Blue Danube out of my head.

It's Ralfidude's fault!

If you missed it:

At one point in time that was beautiful music, now it's just me trying to refuel.

:pilotfly: :joystick:

What that video demonstrates reaaaaalllllllyyyyy well is that as soon as you get PIO (pilot induced oscillation) just back off and start again because you won't win when you try to fight it.

Keep trying. It gets easier after you manage it once. And it's a very satisfying thing to do (no idea what it's like when you master it, 'cause I'm nowhere near there:smilewink:)

The grand finale! Inverted! That reminds me... the early Hornets (A?) could only fly inverted for 30 seconds, if I remember it correctly. Ancient history trivia.

Still the case with C and maybe even E. I don't think it's 30 seconds though, might be wrong about the length of time but I think it's 15 seconds in C.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Still the case with C and maybe even E. I don't think it's 30 seconds though, might be wrong about the length of time but I think it's 15 seconds in C.

I think it's 30. I think Gonky said something about that, plus an A+ pilot on an AMA. Though I think the comment may have specifically been about 0g, not -g.

Either way, the consensus is that negative g sucks on the body and the jet.

I think it's 30. I think Gonky said something about that, plus an A+ pilot on an AMA. Though I think the comment may have specifically been about 0g, not -g.

Either way, the consensus is that negative g sucks on the body and the jet.

0g is prohibited except transient, and it's no more than 10seconds negative G.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

I struggled in the exact same way, and the solution was simple for my setup: set a curve of 15 on pitch and roll. I have a TM 16000M hotas. As soon as I did this, I've had a 100% success rate. The hardest part now is controlling airspeed.

I think mine are at 11. Might kick that up a notch, because I'm SO close. Lovo suggested dead bands to prevent inadvertent second axis input, but even at 2 that made the controls 'feel' strange so I turned them back off.

Watching the tracks it's possible to see the dampening of PIO, but that useless meat puppet stick actuator can't seem to hold anything steady with the basket a meter away. Rock solid until it's > < that close.

And the Blue Danube plays on...I should put a Strauss playlist together for flying. It would go well in the Huey, too! :thumbup: