Mission 09 - Olive boxed in on deck - mission unplayable.

Adam

Olive in 410 is on the elevator at the starboard bow side of the ship. She is blocked by 311 directly in front of her.

I've tried restarting the mission numerous times, I have waited until the spacebar is available before taxiing and another time I never moved from my parked position, and another time I took off and circled the ship - always the same result - she never gets out of this position.

Here's a picture on how she ends up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=246186&stc=1&d=1598701102

I'm reading the book in conjunction with the missions - is there a workaround, or even a way to skip this whole mission and move onto the next if no workarounds so I can progress with both please?

Both the book and the campaign is awesome - I don't want to get stuck here. :cry:

Thanks

Adam

m09-olivestuck.thumb.png.2e6d1fed601e47a869b3c93c430ccd72.png

The missions are nice as such but there are literally tons of bugs, glitches etc in each. It’s an unfinished product released and receiving fixed afterwards... some of the are due to ED, some of them by the producer.

Just wait for more patches and go ahead then. I regret to have spend money on an under par unfinished product. Other products and campaigns are in a spotless appearance upon release!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olive in 410 is on the elevator at the starboard bow side of the ship. She is blocked by 311 directly in front of her.

I've tried restarting the mission numerous times, I have waited until the spacebar is available before taxiing and another time I never moved from my parked position, and another time I took off and circled the ship - always the same result - she never gets out of this position.

Here's a picture on how she ends up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=246186&stc=1&d=1598701102

I'm reading the book in conjunction with the missions - is there a workaround, or even a way to skip this whole mission and move onto the next if no workarounds so I can progress with both please?

Both the book and the campaign is awesome - I don't want to get stuck here. :cry:

Thanks

Adam

Hey Adam, please see this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4468349&postcount=5

The update fixing all of the bugs so far due to some technical problem didn’t make it to the last patch. But this should fix it for you.

The missions are nice as such but there are literally tons of bugs, glitches etc in each. It’s an unfinished product released and receiving fixed afterwards... some of the are due to ED, some of them by the producer.

Just wait for more patches and go ahead then. I regret to have spend money on an under par unfinished product. Other products and campaigns are in a spotless appearance upon release!!!!

Yes, there are some problems that are there due to my mistakes (mostly typos in flags) and I apologise for them. Some were introduced by the last patch and that is a normal thing, I try to fix things as soon as I can. Sorry to hear you are unhappy, but I completely disagree with your last sentence - just check the patch notes and show me one product that didn’t have any bugs. Plus this campaign is very complex and depending on AI heavily, so as such prone to glitches. Finally there are people who finished or almost finished it and loved it, so I don’t believe it is in such a bad shape.. on the other hand, lots of problems reported so far were there due to user error.

Anyway, sorry to hear you are disappointed. Please list the bugs you found and I’ll do my best to address them.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I firmly disagree, otherwise there would be pages upon pages of bug reports. Some of the reports so far are due to user error of not reading the documentation. Other bugs are issues unrelated to campaign, and rest solely on ED incompetent AI logic.

If anything Baltic Dragon has the best record of great campaigns with little issues. He takes a different approach to help avoid the very dumb AI.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Alternatively you could message BD when you find bugs, like myself and others no doubt have done and assist with sorting them out!

I intend on playing through this many times, as to be honest some of the issues I have experienced are as a result of me learning as I go along. Not the mission!

Hey Adam, please see this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4468349&postcount=5

The update fixing all of the bugs so far due to some technical problem didn’t make it to the last patch. But this should fix it for you.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, and the solution/workaround!

BTW - absolutely loving this campaign. Please don't see my original post as a complaint, I think you've done a terrific job! Thanks so much! It was more to report a bug I hadn't seen reported on this forum yet (and of course to ask for help :smilewink:). Playing the missions along side the book is an experience I've never had before - and as someone who gets hooked on stories - the additional immersion this creates is brilliant!

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I understand different people go in with different expectations. For me - and especially for the price - I think I've gotten what I paid for and plenty more! I don't know of any new games that are bugless on release these days. Some (such as EA Games) have a habit of never getting all the bugs fixed before they move onto their next game.

With the FA-18 still in early release still getting changes, and having to run open beta for the campaigns - BD already had a lot to contend with, - I'm surprised that this is the first bug I've actually hit so far. I don't mind the agile development method (actually prefer it - provided the developers are in good touch with their community which is the case here). Adding to this the bugs I've hit with the mission editor myself personally - I take my hat off to the work BD has done - and giving information on workarounds or how to progress just shows how willing they are to work with their users - which is far more than most other game developers are willing to do.

If I want bug free I've learned to wait 6 months after the release of anything before I jump in (and normally get things at a discount then too) - but with this - I was like a kid at Christmas and just couldn't wait. :D

• 2 weeks later...

[...]

With the FA-18 still in early release still getting changes, and having to run open beta for the campaigns - BD already had a lot to contend with, - I'm surprised that this is the first bug I've actually hit so far. I don't mind the agile development method (actually prefer it - provided the developers are in good touch with their community which is the case here). Adding to this the bugs I've hit with the mission editor myself personally - I take my hat off to the work BD has done - and giving information on workarounds or how to progress just shows how willing they are to work with their users - which is far more than most other game developers are willing to do.

[...]

I couldn‘t agree more with what you just said! Well put, Adam, we are in the same boat here.

I believe everybody who has used the mission editor for a while and played some of BD’s other campaigns knows that BD is a master of it, probably second to none. Yet, with 15 missions and all the tricks BD had to come up with to have a somewhat predictable and consistent AI behavior, there is simply NO WAY a human being could do this COMPLETELY bug free in the first run. Add to that the constant updates ED is doing to the AI logic and ME (often unbeknownst to mission designers...) plus the updates to the aircraft itself like the INS alignment changes that came out at the same time as the campaign.

With all thtat in mind, BD and the team did an outstanding job.

I realize this was probably more for the review thread than this one...Sorry:smilewink:

I will write a more complete review there once I‘ve completed the campaign (my 2.5 year old doesn‘t allow me lots of flying time recently...:) )