A/C-130 no go for multicrew but what about an AC-119K?

Giggling Doom

I would like to to put forward the idea of building a AC-119K stinger gunship for DCS.

The AC-119K is no more complicated than an Mi-8 is twin engined and carries 2x7.62 miniguns and 2x M61 20mm Vulcan miniguns. also has a flare dispencer and both standard an IR searchlights. Weapons are fired and aimed by the pilot. This aircraft would be simple enought to control with just the pilot not requiring multicrew. the M61 vulcans can destroy most tanks in DCS and the IR searclight would be useful in support of other aircraft in night missions. This aircraft would also be useful enough to satisfy many of the people requesting the AC-130. I understand that ED does not find this subgroup of Attack aircraft high on its priorities it would be a decent middle ground. Also based on the Aircraft in the pipes we will have most things required to support a Vietnam campagne shortly. Please consider this aircraft. Also i would point out that while it is not as famous as a AC-47 or AC-130 it is a uniqe airframe and simple enought to be flown by a single pilot. pleas referance the Mi-8/ UH-1/ F-14B+ as aircraft that can be flown by a single pilot but actualy require multipul crew members for proper use. also i belive that this aircraft ( if weapons are made removeable could be used for cargo missions on some multiplayer servers. And is a good candidate for som interesting fictional missions on all maps.

Thank you for the consideration and any supportive comments

up 50 right 20 fire for effect run from north west to south east

While I do like the C-119, I'd personally say it would be better to go with the AC-47 instead. It is after all a rather similar plane, but as you said yourself the AC-47 is the much more renowned one, saw action in different countries and would effectively give us a C-47 for other purposes as well, which touches on scenarios from WW2 to fairly recent.

I would like an (A)C-119 probably, but the (A)C-47 just seems to be the more obvious choice if going that route.

While I do like the C-119, I'd personally say it would be better to go with the AC-47 instead. It is after all a rather similar plane, but as you said yourself the AC-47 is the much more renowned one, saw action in different countries and would effectively give us a C-47 for other purposes as well, which touches on scenarios from WW2 to fairly recent.

I would like an (A)C-119 probably, but the (A)C-47 just seems to be the more obvious choice if going that route.

@Kang

I respect your opinion but I chose the AC-119 based on armorments. Being loaded with AP 20mm shells makes the aircraft viable against targets other than simple cargo trucks allowing it to be used in more varried situations also being equiped with a flare launcher and ilumination launcher along with IR spotlights for NVG work makes it much more versitile than the C-47. while if 7.62 miniguns were more effective i would be all for the C-47 i mean who does not like the Spooky gunship but both IRL and DCS the 7.62 is only effective against soft targets. the AC-119K was loaded with 2x7.62 miniguns along with 2x 20mm vulcan cannons allowing it to be effective against light and medium armored vehicals. also both white and ir spotlights have a fixed position and the weapons were fired by the pilot. Also based on eagle dynamics reasons for not making an AC-130 all engine instramentation was repeated fully fucntionaly on the 119Ks console so there is no need to worry about modleing a Engineer or they could create a simple AI to do engine management and callouts. otherwise everything else is done by pilot that is why i brought forward this aircraft.

up 50 right 20 fire for effect run from north west to south east