Left mouse button suddenly stopped working properly in ME

sirrah

Bummer! Of course this happens when I forget to regularly save the mission I'm working on for the past 2 hours..

My left mouse button suddenly decided to stop working properly in DCS (it still works fine in Windows, just not in DCS).

So, now I don't know how to save my mission. In fact I don't even know how to quit the mission editor (which would give me a save request prompt).

Does anyone know if there's a way to quit the mission editor without using the mouse? I tried using the "tab" key, but that doesn't work in DCS

This isn't the first time it happened, so I decided to create a video of the issue. Here's what I do in the video:

• You can see I'm still able to use the left mouse button to select a unit, but as soon as it's selected it is as if my left mouse button is held down. I can still press the right button and drag the map, but my left button is not responding. The only way to deselect the unit, is to press escape on my keyboard.
  • After that I try to click any of the menu buttons, but none of them respond.
  • When I right click the mouse whilst over the menu bars, I can drag the map (not sure if this is always possible, of that this is related to the faulty left mouse button)

EDIT:

Found a solution! Thought I'd share

Right click the DCS icon in your Windows task bar and select "close window". In your DCS screen (still in mission editor) a prompt pops up asking you: "Are you sure you want to quit?". Press "No" and everything works fine again :thumbup:

Edited by sirrah
  • Thanks 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 years later...

This keeps happening to me and it's driving me crazy.  Did you ever find a cause?  Sometimes I can recover it by doing a CTRL+S, and sometimes it will CTD.

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...