Playability for dummies

Lalbatros

Good evenin' gents,

THANK YOU BD for this. I am on M#7 and loving every minute of the campaign. :pilotfly:

I've got a question about "playability for dummies", and it has nothing to do with AAR. :smartass:

After some of my "wait, what?" moments, I'd love a way to find out if I followed the intended flow of the mission. It seems like opening a mission in the editor does not reveal the list of triggers. Is there a way to check if we missed a part of the story?

A little example:

In M7, after the Emritish mirages divert and we're told someone else is being scrambled to replace us, Flip says something like "we're pushing to mother". After that, no more hand-holding "swtich to blabla, press space bar when ready" text box on the top right corner.

That's fine, I just switched to Marshall, hugged the TCN beacon and landed the thing. Even heard Psycho say it was getting busy when we saw a jet take-off on our way to the holding pattern (which is comforting when doubting about the mission flow). Sweet. Mission score: 50. Dah?

I really don't mind the bad score itself as my "daring style and technique" is rarely appreciated. But I don't want to skip any part of the scenario. Any way to check I didn't? How can I find out whether I was supposed to actually fly to WP3 or not?

Side question: could someone confirm that when talking to marshall during the landing sequence, "switch tower" has nothing to do with the tower frequency preset in the mission, usually used at take-off? We're supposed to stay on marshall all the way, right?

Cheers and thanks again for the really good job!

If I remember correctly, I believe I did the same thing on my first run through and had to replay the mission after double checking quickly on a YouTube video (had a feeling there was more to do in the mission).

After you get to Flip saying "we're pushing to mother", head to Mother and orbit. You should get called up with more to do.

Yep I wondered too. Knowing how BD is, I was sure it was too early to land. So I went to WP1, to mother and to WP2, waiting for the the next move and finally got the message.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg