VR with HMCS

Ziptie

Has anyone else experienced that when trying to slave TGP to line of HMCS line of sight (DMS right long), that it doesn't slave the TGP to the crosshair of the HMCS? Seems to slave the TGP offset to the right by quite a bit and below (like to the 5 o'clock position in relation to the HMCS crosshair).

Wondering if this in intended behavior, or possibly a bug with using VR..?

Creating a mark point with the HMCS, creates that mark point directly in relation to the crosshair of the HMCS.

Figured I'd ask here, before asking a moderator to move this to the bug section, in case it's normal behavior.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie
Solution/procedure found

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Has anyone else experienced that when trying to slave TGP to line of HMCS line of sight (DMS right long), that it doesn't slave the TGP to the crosshair of the HMCS? Seems to slave the TGP offset to the right by quite a bit and below (like to the 5 o'clock position in relation to the HMCS crosshair).

Wondering if this in intended behavior, or possibly a bug with using VR..?

Creating a mark point with the HMCS, creates that mark point directly in relation to the crosshair of the HMCS.

Figured I'd ask here, before asking a moderator to move this to the bug section, in case it's normal behavior.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Make sure the crosshair in the hmcs is caged to the center (cross with a square). This way the centering works ok, except that for me sometimes the tgp drifts away by itself.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Make sure the crosshair in the hmcs is caged to the center (cross with a square). This way the centering works ok, except that for me sometimes the tgp drifts away by itself.

Copy that, I will check. Could have been my error. Will let you know, thanks!

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Try setting the TGP track mode on the HCMS section of the STATS MFCD page (right MFCD) to AREA. This means that when you press DMS Right Long it will drop to Area Track instead of Inertial Track.

This is weird as I'm on trackir and flat panel and I see a similar issue when creating mark points with the hmcs as soi, ie the mark point is created down and to the right of the crosshair rather than directly underneath it...Need to try the same suggestions as the hmcs boresight page in stat menu doesn't seem to do anything?

Cheers

James

Ah nevermind just watched Lord Wag's video again and wasn't slewing the designation cursor before hitting the right was just looking at something, putting the cross over it and hitting tms right

This was actually my exact issue as well. Thanks for the tips/refreshers from you all, working perfectly now.

Cheers,

Ziptie

I cant seem to Center the Targeting Pod in the TGP by pressing DMS Aft Short anymore. now, it turns on my LSS in the TCP instead of centering the reticle. Yes, I checked my keybindings, and it it properly set, in fact, I tap C and it does the same thing.

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I cant seem to Center the Targeting Pod in the TGP by pressing DMS Aft Short anymore. now, it turns on my LSS in the TCP instead of centering the reticle. Yes, I checked my keybindings, and it it properly set, in fact, I tap C and it does the same thing.

This is how it works now. There is no boresight hotas control for the TGP. The best alternative is to put the TGP into STBY and back to AG.

According to ED, this is working as in the real aircraft.

It was China Hat aft short, which used to return the TGP to boresight. DMS aft short never did center the TGP to boresight. DMS aft was responsible for decreasing the zoom when TGP was SOI in the prior iteration of A10C.

As another stated, the new functionality is reported as being correct by SME(s).

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie