Sd-10 Lock on after launch

Zhivuchiy

For example, the JF-17 can engage in ‘lock-on after-launch’ (LOAL) maneuvers using the SD-10 beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM). In LOAL, the missile is deployed to a waypoint near an approaching target, and when the BVRAAM is in the acquisition-bracket, its terminal active radar-homing seeker will activate and engage the target. In the case of the JF-17, an Erieye AEW&C could detect a target several hundred kilometers away; the JF-17 could use the feed to deploy the SD-10, and in turn, the SD-10 itself could benefit from course updates by data-link from the JF-17 or potentially even the AEW&C.

https://quwa.org/2016/04/05/link-17-pakistans-homegrown-data-link-system/

Interesting feature, can it be implemented?

Also, SD-10 is a downgraded variant of PL-12. So some feature maybe lost.

In fact, avionic and sensory wise, JF-17 is very much a downgraded J-10.

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

It is presented by the author as an example, only that. In reality it is probably something more of a PL-15 feature, but here it is only written as speculation for what data links can do in the article.

After reading the article it doesn’t sound like they are saying it is something that could be done but more that it is in fact a real feature of the JF-17 and SD-10. The example part is just a scenario that this feature can be used for. This doesn’t sound like some Wikipedia talk either. He points out that the source of this information is within the combat commanders school for Pakistan airforce

Edited by Blinky.ben

LOAL had been in service in RL. it’s comfirmed by SMEs.

but implement it in DCS need many hard work, both ED and Deka, I can not be sure it will come or not.

That whole 'missile API' brick wall that Heatblur is currently bloodying their head against.

I mean TrueGrit's Typhoon will have a similar ability in the form of the IRIS-T, sure your not using a way point but the JHMCS allows you to look behind you, fire the missile and then it will lock on after launch. Like a AIM-9X 90 degree off bore sight shot but much more extreme.

Considering we have similar waypoint weapons like JSOWs and cruise missiles I could see it as possible...just depends if its a thing it can do IRL and how important Deka thinks it is for it's module.