Super Carrier / Deck Crew "launch-landing logic"

Niehorst

I'm really into those DCE campaigns.

What's going on there on the SC deck is quiet impressive. CAP-flights, recovery tankers, AWACS take there turns on station, while you and other AI flights conduct their missions.

It really feels like US naval power is going to war and you are only one pilot making his contribution.

It often happens that you or another AI flight arrive at mother when another flight is rolling to the cat, getting hooked up or preparing for launch.

The deck crew stops working on getting those birds in the air most of the time. They go to "recovery position" and leave the AI flight where it is. Quiet often one jet is trying to reach cat 3 or 4 and stops sitting in the middle of the wires and wont move on any more. The flights in the pattern get a "signal charlie" and do their case I approach. From there you can see wave off after wave. Of course You wont get a signal charlie when your flight is the one disturbing the launch operation.

One time I saw a flight of 2 Hornets got devided. Lead made it in the air, while jets were in the pattern. After he was up, I saw several traps of AI's. Number 2 launched after and was running after his lead with full burners but nobody blocked the deck at least.

Got no track or screenshot, but can be reproduced easily. There will be some sorties against the russians later! :-)

BTW: If I look back to the beginning of LOMAC and see what we got now and how DCS feels in VR is absolutely amazing and worth every gram of the tons and tons of money you better spend on your hardware! :poster_offtopic:

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

It would be really nice if we could get true cyclic flight operations! That way, everyone launches and recovers (with some exceptions) on time the way they do IRL. I'm patiently waiting for that day.

^This^

also it would be nice to hear radio comms with AI units in the stack.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU