Looking for new Joy...

I use the X52 with no complaints its a cheaper alternative to the higher priced CH gear and good quality as well. I know CH makes a superior product from many friends that use it, but I've never had hands on exp. with them. Saitek is a good buy with great features and those are some awesom rudder pedals for sure.

IMHO X-52 vs X-52 pro, you mind as well go for the original X-52 and save the money for a trackir. Because there's not much difference between the two. I'm not sure what's the current price, but when it came out, it was a 100 dollars different, and I didn't see the need for the pro version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMHO X-52 vs X-52 pro, you mind as well go for the original X-52 and save the money for a trackir. Because there's not much difference between the two. I'm not sure what's the current price, but when it came out, it was a 100 dollars different, and I didn't see the need for the pro version.

Does the x-52 use potmeters and the PRO Hall effect sencors? Or do they both use hall effect?

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Triggerhappy69,

Both X-52's use hall sensors.

PRO have many improvements over "vanila": metal parts on HATS and Dials, two springs - one inside another to provide more resistance, improved MFD with integration with MS FXS, etc. And a more "military" and minus "star wars" look. (IMO). :)

S!

Sokol1

Triggerhappy69,

Both X-52's use hall sensors.

PRO have many improvements over "vanila": metal parts on HATS and Dials, two springs - one inside another to provide more resistance, improved MFD with integration with MS FXS, etc. And a more "military" and minus "star wars" look. (IMO). :)

S!

Sokol1

Even though I am a Cougar user myself I would go for the Saitek in that case..! I used to have an old Satitek X-somethingsomthing (was it 32 or 42.. can't remember) And I really liked it.!

Only reason I converted to the cougar was because I suffer from "modding madness" and the Cougar is perfect for modding. Come to think of it it actually has to be modded to some extent to be perfect. And the software for programing it (Foxy) is just amazing.! But Saitek's sofware wasn't far behind when I let mine go. So I gues they should be more than up tp par by now..!

It breaks my heart, but balancing value and versatility for money I lean towards Saitek.. (crying)

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah but is there a stock helo HOTAS with collective?!

I'm looking for it ever since Black Shark was mentioned for the first time and being as I am with "as real as it gets" approach I'd like to fly my future Ka-50 with full feature HOTAS.

I'm a Cougar user here 2, and it's pretty damn close 2 real thing. The only thing bothering me is the Single Arm Throttle which is good for Falcon sessions but slightly falls short in LO/FC since there's no single engine flyable airplane. There's also an opinion that Simple Flight Models in LO are pretty poor in general performance, dynamics and modelling but let me reassure U. Do a simple test! Try doing tailslides with Fulcrum or Flanker in LOFC. Do as many as U wish and you'll notice that during the recovery plane always tends to "pull" to the right hand side. It's because of engine turbine moment (turbines having clockwise rotation). RL pilots overcome this by pushing right hand side engine throttle further up to compensate so IMHO even for flying SFM planes in LOFC properly you need a good split throttle!

So I got interested in: http://www.hirevsims.com/

This company's products are a top notch, many of it's products serve as RL flight controllers used to controll UAVs and robotic arms in industry/space engineering!

The closest and most realistic Helo HOTAS is the BlackHAwk/SeaHawk! And I'm really interested!

I remember old SUNCOM HOTAS systems, I always wished one but never had an opportunity to lay my hands on it. Internet sales were pretty rare back in the day and being a underage kid in Croatia never gave my any chances in having it for my hobby! But now with general availability of many products worldwide this problem is no more! Too bad Suncom's are long forgotten and never to be produced again

!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vekkinho,

Unhappily the Hirevesim doesn't sell for hobby/gamers.

Traditional manufacturers of joysticks (CH, Saitek, TM, etc.) don't sell specific models for helicopter simulation.

Your find some specific - and expensive - controls like these:

http://www.simcontrol.co.uk/newheli.htm

http://www.motionsimulators.com/mrvc010-helicopter-simulator-jet-ranger-usb-collective_764prod.html

Sokol1