NEWS "RAFALE PACK EVOLUTION II" Version 2.8.7 August 2023 by the Cuesta Brothers Team

40 minutes ago, Chrisgaz said:

Merci, c'était bien la masse de l'avion.

J'ai une autre question, je crée une mission avec le rafale A-S, mon écran central est éteind, alors qu'avec la même mission mais le rafale M, mon écran central est allumé.

Cela peut venir d'ou ?

Il me semble qu'il te faut le pod de désignation Thalios (point d'emport 5, si ma mémoire est bonne), et activer le radar (touche "I").

8 minutes ago, toan said:

Il me semble qu'il te faut le pod de désignation Thalios (point d'emport 5, si ma mémoire est bonne), et activer le radar (touche "I").

Oui pour l'écran TV. Mais par contre, je n'ai aucun affichage de navigation dessus

Hello guys, thanks for the awesome mod.

Everything works, but I notice 3 things, and I would like a feedback if possible.

I did a lot of research before posting this to see if anyone asked this before, and I did not find anything... I also rade all the french manual...

Im using the latest RAFALE PACK EVOLUTION II 2.8.7 2023 version.

1st: Meteor, Mica IR (the only 2 I tested not sure if happens to all) when I lock someone the missiles dont show Max Range (Rmax) and No escape range (Rtr), and no launch autorization since range is not show/measured. I can still launch the missiles and they track, but I cant seem to see the ranges like other aircraft... I tried equiping the Pod Talios Thales on the aircraft, but still dont get range information. Also note that I did this change as advised: TO SHOOT METEORS AND MICA NG IN AI IN WEAPON AIR AIR FILE IN LINES 353 AND 1093 PUT 0.0 IN THE PLACE OF 30000. Do you guys have the same problem? Any advice what can be? Im currently using other mods, listed bellow:

- JAS39C Grippen

- Su-30_EFM_V2.7.3b

- Mig-31BM & K

- F22A by Grinelli with the enhancement mod

- 3 mods to change weapon loadout for F15C, Migs-29's and Flankers

2nd thing I noticed:

RWR show 2 circles when only 1 enemy aircraft is scaning/tracking/locking me... is this the normal behavior...

3rd thing:

AI Rafale (at least RAF-C the one I tested) 1v1 40-50nm distance ace skill, in front of my aircraft, dont fire missiles all the times, sometimes they let me pass and they go behind me instead of shooting a long range meteor. Again, I did the replace thing on the Air to Air weapom file as stated above.

Thanks for the mod, very cool <3

Hey guys please help, I can lock targets but I don’t get the LA (Launch Autorization) for launch of Meteors and Mica IRs (did not tested others missiles). I don’t get the range bar of the missile for max range and no escape range, no range information at all while I’m locking the target….

what can I do to see the missiles max range, no escape, etc

please help

6 hours ago, davigt said:

Hey guys please help, I can lock targets but I don’t get the LA (Launch Autorization) for launch of Meteors and Mica IRs (did not tested others missiles). I don’t get the range bar of the missile for max range and no escape range, no range information at all while I’m locking the target….

what can I do to see the missiles max range, no escape, etc

please help

Hi davigt, As far as I remember, because this Rafale uses the FC3 Mig (?) HUD, you don't get any range info. Also, the LA is not set, you have to trigger it manually. There is a keybind for this in the commands. I may be wrong on all this, but I'm not an expert at this otherwise very nice aircraft. You might ask on Discord, where there are several dedicated channels, including some for another Rafale Mod, which uses the more advanced F-18 cockpit. Enjoy ! 😀

Edited by toan

10 hours ago, toan said:

Hi davigt, As far as I remember, because this Rafale uses the FC3 Mig (?) HUD, you don't get any range info. Also, the LA is not set, you have to trigger it manually. There is a keybind for this in the commands. I may be wrong on all this, but I'm not an expert at this otherwise very nice aircraft. You might ask on Discord, where there are several dedicated channels, including some for another Rafale Mod, which uses the more advanced F-18 cockpit. Enjoy ! 😀

Thank you Toan, can you send me the discord please you refer please?

1 hour ago, toan said:

Hi, here are some Discord channels dedicated to the Rafale Mod

https://discord.com/channels/384440366692040711/384440366692040713

https://discord.com/channels/438053935882829824/708095599337275482

Hope this helps. Enjoy ! 🙂

Thank you Toan, but thats not the Cuesta brother or the F18 one, thats the Split Air m-2000 based one that dont work (I mean the mfds, rwr, etc), you can still flight but bareable operational for bvr combat. And it will not get updated anymore they will focus on other mods as stated in their discord...

This Cuesta Brothers Rafale can be operated for BVR but not having max range and no escape zones for missiles (at least meteor and Mica) is bad for me. Mayube we will have a fix for that anyday I hope.

If you guys can see the missiles range let me know so I can troubleshoot my game..

On 10/9/2023 at 10:02 AM, Patrick56 said:

Merci les gars pour ces explications nous sommes ébloui.....👍

Hey Patrick and Team,

any chance that anyone will fix the missile range calculation to display max range and no escape zone on HUD of the RAF?

This project is still alive and being updated right?

Thanks with love ❤️

13 hours ago, davigt said:

Thank you Toan, but thats not the Cuesta brother or the F18 one, thats the Split Air m-2000 based one that dont work (I mean the mfds, rwr, etc), you can still flight but bareable operational for bvr combat. And it will not get updated anymore they will focus on other mods as stated in their discord...

This Cuesta Brothers Rafale can be operated for BVR but not having max range and no escape zones for missiles (at least meteor and Mica) is bad for me. Mayube we will have a fix for that anyday I hope.

If you guys can see the missiles range let me know so I can troubleshoot my game..

I think this one uses the F-18 avionics : https://discord.com/channels/384440366692040711/1164895710072799314 

• 3 weeks later...

Ive downloaded the Rafale from the top of the first page, it shows in my mods/ Aircraft all ok and only once. Yet in dcs in the instant action it shows the rafale 4 times however it doeant work on any map.

Why is it showing 4 times?

And can this only be used in mission editor?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ghostmaker said:

Ive downloaded the Rafale from the top of the first page, it shows in my mods/ Aircraft all ok and only once. Yet in dcs in the instant action it shows the rafale 4 times however it doeant work on any map.

Why is it showing 4 times?

And can this only be used in mission editor?

Hello,

To make the Rafale MOD work correctly you must already buy the FC3 DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)  (Often at low prices)

This Rafale MOD is represented in the form of 4 planes because :

Rafale_C = AIR/AIR combat (radar air/air but no TV for bombing raid ) You can still use conventional bombs

Rafale_B : AIR/GROUND (TV but no radar air/air) You can still use IR missile 

Rafale_M : AIR/AIR => Same Rafale C + landing on aircraft carrier

Rafale_M AIR/SOL : AIR/GROUND => Same Rafale B + landing on aircraft carrier

I hope I could answer all your questions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hiya bud, yeah i already have flaming cliffs 3 purchased, but if i click on instant action and all my aircraft are there as below:

•F15E

•F18C

•Hercules

•Rafale

•Rafale

•Rafale

•Rafale

•Flaming cliffs 3 aircraft then here

How come nothing hapens when i click any of the Rafale aircraft?

• Like 1

The reason all 4 appear is because in entry.lua there are 4 entries, one for each variant. I'm not sure DCS aggregates the variants out in the missions like it does for theaters. Anyway, it thinks there are missions there, but even though there are 2 files inthe missions/quickstart folder, there is NO quickstart.lua file there to list/describe the missions

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dr.Cure said:

Is it me or the rafale seems to be underpowered a bit since I can't really dogfight a single MiG 29 with just meteor missiles loadout...

Hi Dr, I think there was a post in this thread a long time ago by Fill, who noticed that also. I think he gave an update for the aircraft max power. Enjoy !

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2024 at 9:41 PM, toan said:

Hi Dr, I think there was a post in this thread a long time ago by Fill, who noticed that also. I think he gave an update for the aircraft max power. Enjoy !

Gotcha, many thanks for the info

Phantom Phorever

• 1 month later...

Bonjour.

Pourriez-vous essayer cette mission solo ? Des que vous êtes dans la mission, locker et shooter de suite les cibles avec les météors.

Could you try this solo mission? As soon as you are in the mission, lock and immediately shoot the targets with the meteors.

-----test meteor 2.7.3----.miz