F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

Added ECM button to RWR page.
Added GUN RATE button to SMS page to adjust rate of fire.
Added steerpoint and navmode selections to both MAP pages.

*EDIT* I've moved the cyclic rate control to the other side where there's nothing else around it.  Unfortunately, we can't alter the pre-existing SMS page content.  I also changed its appearance to make it more obvious.

Both versions updated.

01.jpg

01.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 3

Added HSD Page to PMFD.  Currently displays heading, LAT & LONG, IAS, BARO altitude and relative bearing to selected waypoint.  Range controls will adjust RADAR range and FCR button goes directly to RADAR page.
Adjusted Menu pages for commonality between PMFD and MFD. (Same systems are in the same menu locations.)

Both versions updated.

If I figure out how to add more useful information to the HSD I will.  I'm not sure that there's a way to display contact information w/o the SDK.  If there is though, that would be exactly what I'd like this page to do.

HSD.jpg

• Like 3

19 часов назад, Nightstorm сказал:

Added ECM button to RWR page.
Added GUN RATE button to SMS page to adjust rate of fire.
Added steerpoint and navmode selections to both MAP pages.

*EDIT* I've moved the cyclic rate control to the other side where there's nothing else around it.  Unfortunately, we can't alter the pre-existing SMS page content.  I also changed its appearance to make it more obvious.

Both versions updated.

01.jpg

01.jpg

I'm not sure, but in my opinion the indication is working fine, but the rate of fire is still HIGH mode.

Edited by RaptorFighter
Ошибка
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

I'm not sure, but in my opinion the indication is working fine, but the rate of fire is still HIGH mode.

That's probably true.  I defined the rate of fire at 6000 rounds per min in the F22.lua.  I'll investigate if I can get that to toggle between 4000/6000.  Good catch.

I've confirmed that the code appears to be correct for variable fire rate as compared to the code in the 2.5.6 database files (I kept a copy of them.)  However, the rate of fire doesn't actually appear to change.  Is this a game bug?  I don't know where the ability to change the fire rate is controlled beyond the command to change it which is part of the original FC3 command set.  If I set the rate to 4000 rpm the rate of fire was actually 3000 rpm.  So, I'm not sure about how to change that.  I guess I never counted the rounds fired per second before now.  It's roughly 100 aka 6000 rpm in either mode.  The original M61 didn't have a variable rate and was set at 6000 rpm.  This could be an avionics limitation.  I'll leave the command in place as it looks cool and does change what the rate SAYS.  If we can find a solution to actually change the rate, it can be adjusted later.

Edited by Nightstorm

9 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

I also think as you do. I just set the burst length to 120, not 150, so that the shooting of the ammunition load was divided into equal 4 parts.

Yea I can make that change.  Default was 10,000 round burst which of course lets you empty the magazine in less than five seconds.

Four trigger pulls @ 120 rounds each before your empty.  If you didn't hit your target with 120 rounds, you weren't going to, right?

*EDIT* I did set the burst limit to 120 rounds.  It seemed to ignore it and just emptied the magazine in the 4.8 seconds lol. 

"Remember, short, controlled bursts" - CPL Hicks

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

Updated several things today.

Set M61A2 for variable fire rate 6000/4000 rpm.  Updated all three F22.lua files.  
(Testing would seem to indicate that the rate of fire remains at 6000 rpm.  Possible bug or avionics limitation.)
Added Master Arm status to SMS page.  Adjusted page graphics.
Adjusted FCS Mode graphics on FCS and VVI pages.
Added MODE button to VVI pages to cycle FCS modes.
Increased font size on PMFD Fuel page and updated night mode version.
Redesigned elements of HSD page.  Functions now include; Heading, LAT & LONG, Relative Bearing to selected nav point, Change selected nav point, Change NavMode, Distance to selected nav point, Nav Mode indicator. (NAV in green, ILSN in yellow)
Added Auto Pilot controls to HSD.  Button 20 is Altitude Hold, Button 19 is disengage, Button 18 is Route follow.

Both versions updated.

SMS_Safe.jpg

SMS_Armed.jpg

FUEL_PMFD.jpg

FCS.jpg

VVI_MFD.jpg

VVI_PMFD.jpg

HSD.jpg

• Like 4

9 часов назад, Nightstorm сказал:

*EDIT* I did set the burst limit to 120 rounds.  It seemed to ignore it and just emptied the magazine in the 4.8 seconds lol. 

"Remember, short, controlled bursts" - CPL Hicks

Well, yes! Now the main thing is not to overheat the trunks)))🙃

Edited by RaptorFighter
Ошибка

9 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

I would very much like to superimpose information from the AWACS data link on this picture. It’s a pity, but it’s probably impossible.

Yea that's EXACTLY what I was thinking.  AWACS knows where you are and other contacts.  You can get the audio reports, but I don't know how to translate that to a visual on the display.  

As you said, it may be impossible without the SDK.  That probably falls under "information from other aircraft".  However, never say never.  There are third party mods out there like the moving map that show such information.  We might yet find a way.

I was reserving the last PMFD page for the HSD.  (Since there seems to be a limit of 10 pages 0-9 before weird stuff happens.)  I decided to go ahead and see what I can do with it.  I figure if we find ways to improve it later, I can always add on to it.

Another piece of information I'd like to have.  How can you determine what your current RADAR range is?  Obviously, it's a parameter like the others.  However, it's controlled by the F15C avionics and not directly related to the F22.  My thinking is this.  IF I could figure out how to determine that parameter and know what they are for the following.

RADAR ON / OFF and RANGE 10/20/40/80/160.

I could light up the RADAR cone say, white or yellow for those sections.  I was envisioning it being all blue when OFF and then changing the color of cone sections based on power on and current range.  A parameter would be the only way to make that work that I know of because it would be changed by your HOTAS controller too.    I could add another set of range controls to the display easily enough.  Buttons 8 & 9 aren't doing anything.  I can still do that and probably will.

So, if ANYONE has ANY ideas on how to implement something like we've discussed here, please contact me.  It would be awesome to have.

Thanks,

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

1 час назад, Nightstorm сказал:

Another piece of information I'd like to have.  How can you determine what your current RADAR range is?  Obviously, it's a parameter like the others.  However, it's controlled by the F15C avionics and not directly related to the F22.  My thinking is this.  IF I could figure out how to determine that parameter and know what they are for the following.

RADAR ON / OFF and RANGE 20/40/80/160.

So, if ANYONE has ANY ideas on how to implement something like we've discussed here, please contact me.  It would be awesome to have.

I suspect that this information is hardcoded in files with the dll extension in the bin folder. Although I could be wrong. 

I still have a version of DCS World OpenBeta_2.5.6.50321. There are folders with open scripts. If necessary, I can share ...

Edited by RaptorFighter
Дополнение

1 minute ago, dwm said:

I think thats the Su-35 mod. The radar is basically the Su 27. Would be cool to borrow the datalink from there?

In the chinese mod, likely the J16, but not sure 100%

It's unlikely that would work.  Those elements borrow from those avionics I imagine.  We're stuck with what we can do with the F15C avionics.  For example, we do not have working NVG.

More updates:

Adjusted OSB controls on HSD.  Moved the NAV controls to buttons 8 and 9 and restored range controls to 6 and 7.  Added 10 mile range to the RADAR cone.
Added new code to the GMT and LOCAL digital clocks.  Seconds now advance directly to 00 and hour advances directly to 00:00:00 from 23:59:59. Thanks @fatspacepanda !
Adjusted F22.lua files to remove drag from internal missiles.  Result is increased performance as total drag is reduced by Cx_gain -18.76.  - This was on my "to do" list for a long time.
Modified PMFD Fuel Warning to prevent bleed through on other PMFD pages.  There was an issue with the opacity.
Added BAY DOOR warning to SMS page.

By effectively eliminating the drag for internal missiles it increased the level speed @ 10k feet by Mach ~0.07.  This change ONLY affects the Raptor.   If the missiles are used on other aircraft, they will have normal drag.  External missiles of course still have normal drag.

Both versions updated.

HSD.jpg

SMS.jpg

• Like 2

Been working on a new feature for the last couple of days.  Most of the time was spent in creating an actual MFD font from the F22 font included.  I then used that in Photoshop CC to add the new GPS features.  I could've done it manually, but it probably would've taken even longer.  My original idea was to use the "family photo" option to make an index card for each map that listed bases and their coordinates.  That doesn't work out so well because that texture is in the cockpit livery.  You can swap it out by livery but that would be cumbersome at best.

So, I decided on another approach.  I figured I could use the ILSN system to display a similar list on the MFDs.  So, when you bring up ILSN mode you also bring up a list of bases and airfields relevant to the map you're flying on.

Added navmode display to HSI pages with mode button.
Added overlay window for maps and HSD that is called with ILSN navmode.  Overlays show map specific GPS coordinates (in game) for military and major civilian airfields.  Five are listed for each map.

Both versions updated.

HSI.jpg

PMFD_MAP1.jpg

PMFD_MAP2.jpg

PMFD_MAP3.jpg

PMFD_MAP4.jpg

PMFD_MAP5.jpg

MFD_MAP1.jpg

HSD.jpg

• Like 1

Allow me to be noob: I map the axis accordingly and how does the vector thrusting work?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.