F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

1 hour ago, RaptorFighter said:

Greetings, Dear Nightstorm!
I have installed Single F-22A. But unfortunately, there are no trassers of the built-in GUN shells.

Безымянный.jpg

Check your ammo selection in ME.  The default is no tracers.  There's a drop down to select HEI-T.

Ammo.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

Updated 9X3 to 20% greater thrust than 9X2+.  Added modified textures for 9X series and adjusted models to use them.

AIM-9X, AIM-9X-2, AIM-9X-3

Added scripts to change FM to the desired version. (Located in mod root.)

All versions updated with new files as needed.

9X3.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

*Update* Fixed a bug I accidentally introduced at some point recently.  I had copied the CMFD Sys page to the RMFD folder so that was causing undesirable results.  Corrected.

Both versions updated.

16 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

Thanks) If interested, I made the M61_A2_HEI trace yellow.

Yep, the beauty of being able to mod this stuff is you can change it to your personal preference if you know how 🙂 

I preferred the red, you like the yellow 🙂

*EDIT*

I've adjusted the indicators for OIL and HYD pressure to match the operational readings.  I had hoped to be able and add a "yellow" ring for those, but the parameter values are controlled in the Engine_System.lua.  That's one of the encrypted systems that I'm not likely to get access to.

So, I adjusted the textures for those to match what we see.  When you're in afterburner the OIL pressure will now climb to just short of the repositioned yellow mark.   The upper red mark is gone. 

The HYD pressure had an extra yellow tick mark on the scale well above its red mark but below its normal value.  I've removed that extra tick mark.

Both versions updated.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 3

*UPDATE* 

Based on the MFD_Systems.lua file I was able to reconstruct the PMFD_Systems.lua file as well.  I've got almost everything working the way I want.  I've been able to add additional commands similar to those on the MFDs.  Commands to go directly to pages, commands to cycle the pages with an OSB button or HOTAS.  I've added commands to the RADAR page and menu items to access them.  ECM, Azimuth, ANT elevation up/down/stop.  I've added the VVI page.  I've enabled the NAVmode to select the MAP when it's activated.

The only issues are:  There were a handful of values that I couldn't identify as I had no basis of comparison.  The result is the CONFIG page and CLIPBOARDS are non-functional from the PMFD.  I've contacted Grinnelli for assistance.

The Visor and Canopy colors can still be set via arguments in the livery description.lua files.

custom_args = 
{

[619] = 0.0, -- 0=Gold, 0.5=Dark, 1.0=Clear/0=Gold, 0.5=Dark, 1.0=Light
[620] = 0.0, -- GARFIELD STUFFY ON=1.0, OFF=0 
[621] = 0.0, -- VISOR, 0=Silver, 0.1=Gold, 0.2=Dark, 0.3=Clear, 0.35=NONE, 1.0=Aviators

}

The Garfield clinger will show up externally but not in the cockpit.  And there's no access to the Photo, the Flood light color or the Clipboards.

I have NOT released this version yet and was looking for feedback.  I would prefer not to lose any features and hopefully I can get the information I need to enable full functionality.

Thanks,

PMFD01.jpg

PMFD02.jpg

• Like 2

As mentioned above, I've reconstructed the PMFD system file that will allow for changes to it.  I've not heard anything back from Grinnelli yet but hey, it's the holidays and life happens.

I've identified the missing parameters from before but still ran into some odd issues.  This is what I've accomplished.

Reconstructed the PMFD_System.LUA and added controls for direct page selection, PMFD Cycle and access to VVI page which has been added.
Added controls and menu items to the RADAR page and added PAGE/MENU options to most pages.
Adjusted NAVMODE to select the MAP on the PMFD.
Disabled Config page, converted to Checklist page only (Resulted from reconstructed PMFD_System.lua)
Added controls with on-screen feedback to turn on window cling, photograph, left and right clip boards.  Located in F22 Misc section.
Flood light color change non-functional. (Was cycling color parameters until off on any color other than GREEN.)  GREEN is default and still works correctly.
Every F22 Livery has a section called "custom_args".  Set the values as desired for window cling, canopy tint and pilot visor.
Window cling works in cockpit but not synchronized with external view.  Must be selected with livery argument value.  [620] = 1.0, for on or [620] = 0.0, for off.
Canopy Tint and Pilot Visor selection must be done via livery argument values.  [619] = 0.0, -- 0.0=Gold, 0.5=Dark, 1.0=Light and [621] = 0.0, -- VISOR, 0=Silver, 0.1=Gold, 0.2=Dark, 0.3=Clear, 0.35=NONE, 1.0=Aviators

These were the issues I've been unable to resolve so far:

Window cling doesn't sync with external model.  If you want Garfield to hang out with you, you'll have to enable it in the livery argument and then turn it on with the new control binding.

Canopy tint and Pilot visor wouldn't work from inside the cockpit.  They can also be set with the livery arguments.

Flood light color change did something very odd.  It would set to the desired color, but if it was set to ANYTHING other than green, it would cycle to the next color in sequence every few seconds until it just turned off.  You could turn it back on, but it won't stay on the selected color unless that color was green.  The command is not being sent again, but something is changing the color parameter.

So as a result of those issues there was no point in having the config page enabled.  I converted it into just the checklist page for now.

The STOCK PMFD system file is located in:  "\Mods\aircraft\F-22A\Cockpit\Scripts\Systems\_Backup\Original" if you want to use it instead.  Just copy it into the Systems folder.

Here's the list of pros and cons with using the reconstructed PMFD system vs the stock one.

New PMFD Pros:  HOTAS control added to cycle the PMFD.  OSB Buttons added to cycle the PMFD.  Controls added to jump to specific PMFD pages.  VVI page added.  New controls added to RADAR page (Azimuth, Elevation change/stop and ECM).  Controls added for Photograph and Window cling, no WoW required.  Adjusted new NavMode to set Map on PMFD.

New PMFD Cons:  Flood light color change unavailable, default green only.  Window cling external sync non-functional.  Cockpit tint and Pilot visor must be set with livery arguments.

You can use the original encrypted PMFD systems files but there will be a couple of issues:

PMFD main menu "PAGE" button will go to Engine page and the "ENG" page button won't do anything.

The "PAGE" buttons on all of the other pages won't do anything.

The extra commands on the RADAR page won't do anything.

You'll be able to change the flood light color, canopy tint and pilot visor from the config page.

The choice is yours.  Default is the new PMFD system which I encrypted as I imagine that would be Grinelli's wish.

Both versions updated.

• Like 3

A couple of minor changes today.  I've replaced the canopy close sound with a modified one.  The other is still present with an _ALT added to its name.

I've added the "Raptor" logo back to the screens.  The PMFD displays it during cold start and the other MFD's display it on the MENU pages.

Both versions updated.

MENU.jpg

• Like 1

Just a noob question: when you say "both versions updated", you mean the third one "with external store" is also updated, right?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

5 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

Just a noob question: when you say "both versions updated", you mean the third one "with external store" is also updated, right?

I mean the single player AND multi-player versions.  Changes to the MFD/PMFD and other cockpit displays don't affect the stats of the aircraft or include any changes to weapons or performance characteristics.  So those changes can be applied to both versions.  So, someone with the multi-player version of this enhancement mod could play with someone who doesn't have it and is using the stock version of the F22 mod and it won't make a difference.  The person WITH the enhancement mod will have the changes to the displays but that won't affect anything in multi-player.

The external stores part is related specifically to the A2A_Missles.lua file and where it needs to be located in order to function properly for external stores or if it you have a copy of it from another mod such as the F16C CFT mod or the CATM missiles mod.  By default, the single player version of this enhancement mod includes a copy in the root F22 folder.  Those other mods and the ability to display external missiles on the F22 require it to be located in the main game folder.  And, you can't have TWO copies of it loaded or it will conflict.

• Thanks 1

I notice that when taking off from Andersen AFB, at around speed of 130, the nose begins to go upward but the plane cannot leave the ground at this point no matter how hard I pull the stick.  Is it a bug or something?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

26 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

I notice that when taking off from Andersen AFB, at around speed of 130, the nose begins to go upward but the plane cannot leave the ground at this point no matter how hard I pull the stick.  Is it a bug or something?

I think the takeoff speed is around 150 - 160 knots.  However, many conditions apply that are actually modeled in DCS.  Aircraft weight, ambient temperature, barometric altitude.

I doubt it's a bug.    I presume it takes off just fine shortly after?

• Thanks 1

Yes it does, just around 170 something. Fortunately, the tail/exhaust does not scratch the ground and damage the plane. I guess it may be due to the slop of the runway. I don't think I see this kind of "nose up" at Nellis.

Update: the nose still goes up at around 150 regardless of the airfield.

Edited by VFGiPJP

Added "Menu" page for the PMFD so that it functions in a similar manner to the MFD menu.  Set up OSB buttons and HOTAS cycle as needed.
Adjusted the new ADV "Advisory" page buttons and indicators.  ADV was the old menu page, and it can be called via OSB20 on the new MENU page, direct command or Page/HOTAS cycle.

Adjusted scales on PMFD VVI page for larger display area.
AIM-9X-2, AIM-9X-2+ and AIM-9X-3 performance increased to simulate LOAL (Lock-On After Launch) capability.
Adjusted PMFD Menu to match MFD Menu layout.

Both versions updated.

External Stores add on updated.

Start.jpg

MENU.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm

Greetings Dear Nightstorm. On the second and tenth pylons I do not have such rockets as:

{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_AIM-9X2" ,arg_increment = 0.7},    -- 2x AIM-9X2                                    
{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_AIM-9X3" ,arg_increment = 0.7},    -- 2x AIM-9X3                                
{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_AIM-120A",arg_increment = 0.7},     -- 2x AIM-120A 

{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_AIM-120C-6",arg_increment = 0.7},     -- 2x AIM-120C-6                
{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_AIM-120C-7",arg_increment = 0.7},     -- 2x AIM-120C-7
{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_AIM-120D",arg_increment = 0.7},     -- 2x AIM-120D
{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_CATM-120C",arg_increment = 0.7},     -- 2x CATM-120C

49 minutes ago, RaptorFighter said:

Greetings Dear Nightstorm. On the second and tenth pylons I do not have such rockets as:

{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_AIM-9X2" ,arg_increment = 0.7},    -- 2x AIM-9X2                                    
{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_AIM-9X3" ,arg_increment = 0.7},    -- 2x AIM-9X3                                
{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_AIM-120A",arg_increment = 0.7},     -- 2x AIM-120A 

{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_AIM-120C-6",arg_increment = 0.7},     -- 2x AIM-120C-6                
{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_AIM-120C-7",arg_increment = 0.7},     -- 2x AIM-120C-7
{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_AIM-120D",arg_increment = 0.7},     -- 2x AIM-120D
{ CLSID = "LAU-115_2*LAU-127_CATM-120C",arg_increment = 0.7},     -- 2x CATM-120C

Single player external stores changes.  This requires changes to one main install folder but allows missiles on wing pylons USE THIS IF YOU ALSO HAVE THE CFT MOD OR THE CATM WEAPONS MOD INSTALLED.  There is a common file A2A_Missiles.lua that you can't have two copies of.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zia323bvadtkznl/F-22A External Weapons.7z?dl=0

The external stores part is related specifically to the A2A_Missles.lua file and where it needs to be located in order to function properly for external stores or if it you have a copy of it from another mod such as the F16C CFT mod or the CATM missiles mod.  By default, the single player version of this enhancement mod includes a copy in the root F22 folder.  Those other mods and the ability to display external missiles on the F22 require it to be located in the main game folder.  And, you can't have TWO copies of it loaded or it will conflict.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

I've started adding some commands to different MFD buttons that seem appropriate.

Added FCS Mode cycle to PMFD ADV, PMFD ENG and all VVI pages using the OSB where the mode is listed on each page.
Added AIR ORIDE button on all Bay pages at OSB 13.
Added Stores Jettison command to all Bay pages on OSB 9.  To jettison stores, Master Arm and Air Oride must be on.  Jettison command color coded based on Master Arm status.
Added Fuel page to PMFD and added to menu page at OSB 3.  (There is a strip of "fuel" at the bottom of the page that is actually "off" of the actual page.  Added some details to use this "feature" since I couldn't correct it.) 
Added Fuel Tank Jettison to OSB 9 on all fuel pages.  Master Arm must be on.  Jettison command color coded based on Master Arm status.

Regarding the PMFD fuel page, I could remove it from view by increasing the scale of the displayed items, but this introduced errors in the fuel gauge.  I thought that it would be linear, and I could compensate for the increase in scale size but that turns out to not be the case.  It seems that every time the fuel amount is decreased as it's burned, it introduces the % error.  So, in the beginning when the tanks are full the error is less than 3%.  However, by the time the tanks are nearly empty the error is several hundred percent.  I don't know how to correct that w/o access to the engine_system.lua.  So, all I could do is leave that stripe at the bottom and try to make it part of the display.  I spent several hours trying to resolve that issue.  This is as good as I can get it.

Both versions updated.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

• Like 1

19 часов назад, Nightstorm сказал:

Single player external stores changes.  This requires changes to one main install folder but allows missiles on wing pylons USE THIS IF YOU ALSO HAVE THE CFT MOD OR THE CATM WEAPONS MOD INSTALLED.  There is a common file A2A_Missiles.lua that you can't have two copies of.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zia323bvadtkznl/F-22A External Weapons.7z?dl=0

9X2 and 9X3 did not appear anyway, unfortunately. Although I removed all the mods, it did not help

Безымянный.jpg

Edited by RaptorFighter
Дополнение

13 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

9X2 and 9X3 did not appear anyway, unfortunately. Although I removed all the mods, it did not help

Безымянный.jpg

You are correct.  I don't know why the 9X's are not showing up any longer.  I don't see them either.  And nothing changed regarding that code that I know of.  All of the 120's show up.

I see the same thing.  I don't normally fly with external stores, so I'm not sure when it was broken.  Maybe I can add them to the AIM-9 family lua.  I'll experitment.

*EDIT*  If I add them to the aim9_family.lua it breaks the entire file and NONE of the missile's work.  The code is correct and unchanged from what it was previously.  In fact, it mirrors the format used in the aim9_family.lua.  So, something else changed that broke this.  Hey AMRAMMS still work on the external hard points.

*2nd EDIT*  I've added the AIM-9L to the external pylons and it can be swapped out for the 9X-2+.  See the first post on page 20.

ME22.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm

I fixed that issue with the fuel page.  Funny how you can spend hours trying to fix something and then wake up the next morning with the solution.

In any event, it's fixed and I decided to keep the message box and actually utilize it for a low fuel warning as well.

Both versions updated.

Fuel01.jpg

Fuel02.jpg

13 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

Безымянный.jpg

I wasn't able to get the 9X2 or 9X3 to work as they did before.  I'm not sure why, so I disabled them on the external pylons in the F22.lua.  In their place, I've added the AIM-9L which can be swapped out for the AIM-9X-2+, IRIS-T or PYTHON-5 missiles using the CFT Mod and its associated CMD files that get installed in the root game folder.  All three missiles have a similar performance and the 9X-2+ is only slightly inferior to the 9X-3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmjp1f1wmyf06c2/CFT_Mod_2.0.2_A.zip?dl=0

Single Player version updated, all three F22.lua versions updated.

External.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1