TMS Fwd Short and TMS FWD Long with HUD SOI

I am just learning this aircraft.   I did a test flight today to test our some of the controls with my Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog setup.  According to the manual, if you have the HUD SOI, which I did, you can move the cursor around on you HUD, and ground stabilize it with TMS FWD short.  Then it says if you TMS FWD Long, it should make the point that your cursor is at the SPI.  It did not.  Did I misinterpret what that TMS FWD Long command is supposed to do?

38 minutes ago, ggoodavish said:

[...] you can move the cursor around on you HUD, and ground stabilize it with TMS FWD short

Correct. Just as a small addendum, the TDC will be ground stabilized when moved by the Slew Control, so it's not necessary to ground stabilize it with an additional TMS Forward Short.

Ground Stabilizing the TDC is mostly useful while it's caged to the TVV.

42 minutes ago, ggoodavish said:

Then it says if you TMS FWD Long, it should make the point that your cursor is at the SPI.  It did not.

Check the lower left corner of the HUD for the current SPI Generator. It should say "TDC" in this scenario.

If it doesn't, the TDC is probably beyond the 13 NM limit and will also show an "X" through the TDC symbol.