Afterburner detent setting.

MRTX

6 minutes ago, Kreutzberg said:

This is an older thread but very much still relevant. The F-15E has this feature, so it should be easy enough to add it to the core sim.

Both Mirages too. The M2K even has some axis settings for idle. Even the Apache could use this for it's power levers.

• 3 weeks later...

This used to be an issue for me. Now the new stecs from vkb has good software to set multiple curves on the throttle to fit different detents.

Still, having an in-game similar setting would be good. However, such setting might not fit P-51, 109, dora and the coming F-100 very well. Emergency power, mw50 and that special F-100 afterburner are not always like the AB.

This used to be an issue for me. Now the new stecs from vkb has good software to set multiple curves on the throttle to fit different detents.
Still, having an in-game similar setting would be good. However, such setting might not fit P-51, 109, dora and the coming F-100 very well. Emergency power, mw50 and that special F-100 afterburner are not always like the AB.
Should be done separately for each and ever module. If Aerges and Razbam can do it, so can everyone else. Curves a throttle is just a workaround, and an abomination in my book.
I'm considering a 3D printer. Then I can make perfect detents for every module, that equals how the module is coded.
I thought in the stecs, you could physically alter the detents for each module?

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6小时前,MAXsenna说:

in the stecs, you could physically alter the detents for each module?

Yes, 4 detent sets to be switched within a minute or two. Though I prefer using a single detent sets with different curves. Not curves really, output=input×X, so the line is straight, pretty much like the custom AB we are asking.

Still, the hardware function cannot fully overcome the issue, not everyone have access to vkb products, and in-game setting would be way more convenient and effort saving.

Seperating them to each and every module seems like a good idea indeed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lyrode said:

Yes, 4 detent sets to be switched within a minute or two. Though I prefer using a single detent sets with different curves. Not curves really, output=input×X, so the line is straight, pretty much like the custom AB we are asking.

I see! Thanks! And yes, I agree. We need custom AB/detents for every module, like in a certain other sim. I even need it for the Apache! I do really like swappable detents though. Can even do it in seconds on my throttle, but it might be a pain in a while jiggling 50+ detent pieces around. 😉

Still, the hardware function cannot fully overcome the issue, not everyone have access to vkb products, and in-game setting would be way more convenient and effort saving.

True, agree! 👍🏻 

Seperating them to each and every module seems like a good idea indeed.

Yeah, I came to that conclusion after fiddling around with the detent calculator. Initially, I was thinking "one tool for all" like in that other sim. But after using different throttles for different modules I changed my mind. 

Congratulations on your new throttle, it looks sweet! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion, this would be a very usefull feature for all DCS modules and support broader hardware (and DIY) compatibility.

Perhaps in such way that it allows the user to determine and set the precise axis coordinates by a button, at which its (throttle) hardware position requires a detent to be. I reckon most likely for Afterburner for any model, and perhaps also for Idle. Perhaps as a part of the axis tune window?

Can't wait for this feature to show up in the release list. 

Thread rated "5 stars" and set "to follow" 🙂

Edited by Scuby
  • Like 2

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

YouTube: ScubyFlying

• 4 weeks later...

+1, most high-end HOTAS have this in their software. But the software doesn't know which plane you're in, so you have to tab out and change the profile.

All we need is an AB variable in the thrust axis tuning, that maps the X % throttle input to Y % where AB kicks in. You can do it with the current user curve, but it's a huge pain, and it's impossible to get linear response in both MIL and AB regions. A basic feature, really.

Edited by PawlaczGMD
  • Like 1