How do you employ Laser Bombs with JTAC and DMT?

CommandT

Hi folks, 

This must have changed from the way it used to be because I'm stuck on the training mission. I need to drop a GBU-12 on a JTAC lased target using DMT, not the TPOD. So I get to the point of where my LST mode (SSS aft) auto-locates and points to the target and the JTAC is lasing it, master arm is on, bomb is all set, in AG master mode, and I can see the target cue on the HUD flying towards it... except... there is no vertical ASL line to steer me to the target, and there is no release cues or timers... what am I missing? 

Similarly, if I switched to the TPOD which then automatcally slaves to that target - again, no information about release cues... I'm super confused. 

There seems to be no up to date manuals or tutorials to help me out. Quite frustrating. 

Edited by CommandT

• CommandT changed the title to How do you employ Laser Bombs with JTAC and DMT?

In order to release CCRP bombs you need to use the EHSD and designate the target first. Im probably not explaining this very well as Im not infront of the game. There is a new process to drop weapons in CCRP. Theres a few good you tube vids that are short and sweet, google them and you’ll figure it out. The Harrier has been undergoing many changes in the last few months, thats why none of this stuff is in the tutorials

Edited by Gunnar81
Added more

24 minutes ago, Floydii said:

Try holding down the Waypoint Increment button for a second once you have the laser spot acquired on the DMT. That should set that point as the CCRP release point.

That's not it. Apparently I had to press "DESG" on the EHSD. 

30 minutes ago, Gunnar81 said:

In order to release CCRP bombs you need to use the EHSD and designate the target first. Im probably not explaining this very well as Im not infront of the game. There is a new process to drop weapons in CCRP. Theres a few good you tube vids that are short and sweet, google them and you’ll figure it out. The Harrier has been undergoing many changes in the last few months, thats why none of this stuff is in the tutorials

Perfect! I didn't realise that "DESG" on the EHSD was applicable to things the DMT is pointing at. I thought it was only to designate selected wp as the target. Thanks for that! 

10 hours ago, Gunnar81 said:

My pleasure, good work figuring it out from my cryptic rambling there haha!

May I also ask - apparently there's a fast and a slow slew when using the DMT. The way it's explained doesn't seem to work. I guess this has also been changed recently. Don't suppose you know how to do this now? I find using the TPOD it's no issue but with the DMT when I slew it seems to be a bit to fast so getting fine accuracy is hard. 

On 12/28/2020 at 6:44 AM, CommandT said:

May I also ask - apparently there's a fast and a slow slew when using the DMT. The way it's explained doesn't seem to work. I guess this has also been changed recently. Don't suppose you know how to do this now? I find using the TPOD it's no issue but with the DMT when I slew it seems to be a bit to fast so getting fine accuracy is hard. 

So when I have seen the DMT slewing really fast,  LATELY it always seems to have switched to INS mode. This often happens after a handoff to IRMAV. SSS Aft to go back to TV mode and the slew should return to normal. Might be other things going on, but this is what I have noticed lately.

14 hours ago, Recluse said:

So when I have seen the DMT slewing really fast,  LATELY it always seems to have switched to INS mode. This often happens after a handoff to IRMAV. SSS Aft to go back to TV mode and the slew should return to normal. Might be other things going on, but this is what I have noticed lately.

Got you. Cheers!