SU 25/25T Airframe Max G

Hi

Can anyone tell me(in general) what is the maximum G on the su 25 & 25T airframe before it is damaged and would need a major service in rl ?,(I dont mean when the wings fall off, just damage that would result in the aircraft being grounded for repair/service),Ive often wondered about this after pushing the frog through the max when under attack,

Loaded & unloaded of course.

• Like 1

Maximum G limit with maximum combat load is 5.2.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Technically it would be an inspection, not service. You have two possibilities here ...

1) You didn't bend the airframe. Aircraft can fly again.

2) You bent the airframe. The aircraft is no longer maintainable (or repairable) and is now a museum piece. Won't be flown again.

Hi

Can anyone tell me(in general) what is the maximum G on the su 25 & 25T airframe before it is damaged and would need a major service in rl ?,(I dont mean when the wings fall off, just damage that would result in the aircraft being grounded for repair/service),Ive often wondered about this after pushing the frog through the max when under attack,

Loaded & unloaded of course.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Depends on the age / total flight time elapsed of the airframe. An older airframe might be limited to lower G's due to fatigue. A new one will be allowed to be loaded with max G's according manufacturer specs.

airwar.ru lists the T-Frog with a max of 6.5 G

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/attack/su25t.html

Edited by golfsierra2

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Thanks Guys:thumbup:

Makes me think I should pay more attention to the G meter in a mission.

I take it that the fighters in Lomac/FC have much the same constraint, but at a higher threshold ?, if so do they have onboard computerized safety warnings/locks that wont allow the pilot to over stress the airframe?.

Edited by Crow_Bar

Thanks Guys:thumbup:

Makes me think I should pay more attention to the G meter in a mission.

I take it that the fighters in Lomac/FC have much the same constraint, but at a higher threshold ?, if so do they have onboard computerized safety warnings/locks that wont allow the pilot to over stress the airframe?.

The only aircraft represented in LOMAC that has such a thing in real life would be the Su-27. For all others, LOMAC lets you unrealistically over-G as much as you want with no damage to the aircraft. Although, I'd argue that you can't pull enough Gs in the F-15, even if you want to. :smartass:

Actually, it doesn't - if you notice LOMAC actually restricts you from pulling more than a certain amount of G. The over-g warning comes BEFORE you pull enough g to over-stress the airframe ... in LO, you cannot do such a thing; you can't pull 15G unless you damage the CAS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

If I turn off angle limit counter (K key)?

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Actually, it doesn't - if you notice LOMAC actually restricts you from pulling more than a certain amount of G. The over-g warning comes BEFORE you pull enough g to over-stress the airframe ... in LO, you cannot do such a thing; you can't pull 15G unless you damage the CAS.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I should have been more specific; LOMAC lets you yank back on the stick all you want with no airframe damage, but thats because you're not -really- over-Ging, despite what betty has to say about it.

airwar.ru lists the T-Frog with a max of 6.5 G

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/attack/su25t.html

However, I don’t understand what the “Макс. эксплуатационная перегрузка” means?

Yefim Gordon and Alan Dawes book lists maximum g load of 6.5 with “normal combat load”. I should have include that info in my first response as well.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

The problem is not the sim , it is that we don't have a joystic that reproduces the real airplane limits. for the su-27 (20 pounds of force)and other military jets, the stiks becomes harder to move when you start to pull more g's, in that way you don't over g the airplane. for the eagle , I think that you can over g the airframe if you apply enought force to overcome the flight control system (I believe it is called tensiometric stick in the case of the su) the same of for the mirage 2000, you can pull more than 9 gs if you need it; in that case the problem will be if you can handle the gs.

yes, but I think he meant he doesn't know what is exactly meant by that.
You got it!

Do the following- fly clean 25/25T, full throttle, dive to speed up to 850-900km/h, deploy combat flaps and pull hard on the stick. Watch your wings falling apart ... :D

IRL most of the russian planes have only AOA limiter, they don't have automatic G-limiter. So the pilot must pay attention on that.

Edited by =RvE=Tito

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Do the following- fly clean 25/25T, full throttle, dive to speed up to 850-900km/h, deploy combat flaps and pull hard on the stick. Watch your wings falling apart ... :D

IRL most of the russian planes have only AOA limiter, they don't have automatic G-limiter. So the pilot must pay attention on that.

Lol, ive actually done that,:lol: