3 4K monitor doesn't work properly

Ares63

I wrote behalf my friends that is not accustomed with English... he bought 3 4K monitors but if he try to  set it up in full 4K resolution in DCS is displayed in 1 and half monitor i mean it have the images shifted on the left and a  black band on the right 
each screen is  3840x2160 this it means that i have to setup 11520x2160

What's the maximum resolution of his GFX card? Not sure they go up that high!

I too have 3 x 4k monitors (well, TVs actually) and used to do 3 x 1920x1080 - that works great across three screens. But I have since started using only the centre one at 4K and much prefer that.

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

with 1080ti is not a problem of the card (in term of resolution ... in term of performance ai would like to test it as soon as i can have it working...)

OK New test if i use the "1 screen" monitor setup (1camera.lua) i have the problem as in the attached file, if i use "3 screen" (3cameras.lua) it is working fine (but with a strange FOV if left mnitor and right monitor are not on the left and on the right of the seat)
this it let me thought about a ViewPort limit... 
into the attached file there is a screenshot of the DCS menu (that it is 11520x2160 corectly displayed) and the 3D (same reslution) with in red the creen border (more or less)

user_menu.jpg

3D.jpg

9 hours ago, C3PO said:

What's the maximum resolution of his GFX card? Not sure they go up that high!

I too have 3 x 4k monitors (well, TVs actually) and used to do 3 x 1920x1080 - that works great across three screens. But I have since started using only the centre one at 4K and much prefer that.

viewing 4K in Full HD really sucks seeing big pixels especially on the 50"

Yes, have to admit since I have used the centre screen at 4K and turned the outer ones off it is very hard to go back.

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

I already setup a multimonitor configuration without problems there is no difference to setup 3 Full HD and 3 4K except the monitor width & height
BUT 

I used also DCS multimonitor configurations and as i report with the same width 1camera.lua doesn't work (as in the attached image) and 3cameras.lua it works fine
With the same width in option file.
The different is that the first is using only one viewport and the second is using 3 different viewport so what i guess is that there is a problem or a limit in the viewport width max limit!

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue with 3x(3440x1440) monitors with a RTX 3080. I returned 2x(2560x1440) monitors  wanting to have 3 uniformed screens for surround to work for DCS and other games as an option. The 2x(2560x1440) monitors flanking the 3440x1440 monitor and I experienced the same issue where ~200 pixels were black space but in HUD mode the RMFCD extended to the edge of the right monitor. Now having 3x(3440x1440) the black space is ~2000 pixels (estimate). I'm thinking there may be a max pixel width for a single screen based on the OP's issue. If this is the wrong place I apologize and left an earlier statement in the right place yesterday but this is the only thread that is having a dialogue on this exact subject.