Bailed out (idea)

YoYo

Hi,

Its good idea I think - if the mission is over "our" part of map (and it does not cross the Channel, it is not further over the water) where our troop have control - free end of this mission (with no return condition) to continue the campaign.

FDUG7dG.jpg

7ga3tcA.jpg

Spoiler (and the reason):

Spoiler

In 6th mission (attack of B-17 over Lille, which lasted nearly 1.5 hours for me) I fought bravely 😅 but in the end 4 Mustangs caught me, I was alone. I was shot down while escaping to Marville, home base but I bailed out near the base and was still alive. I trotted to the nearest buildings to take a souvenir photo, because it happened for the first time and to take a carriage :lol:

main-qimg-be5451b0ccfc1f14e425e2029d667a

and hit END button. Unfortunately, the mission was not completed and I had to repeat it. 

I think that a better solution would be to give to the player a choice in this case - fly again (default option in DCS) or go to the next mission - so one condition - survive if the whole mission is on controlled territory by our troops (or near the border). Just idea for the next campaignes (P-47, Mosquito ect).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

9 minutes ago, Reflected said:

Hi,

i will check mission 6. But normally if you finish the mission over freindly territory and your pilot is not dead the mission should be a ‘success’. That’s how it’s set up. 

Ahh, ok good, so we think the same. :thumbup:

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

@YoYo here's why it didn't work for you:

The way it's set up is: On pilot dead - unit dead (player) = flag off (failure)

BUT: due to DCS limitations, the 'on pilot dead' refers to any pilot not only the player. You can't specify who in the mission editor.

What does it mean?

If the player's aircraft is destroyed, the mission will still be successful until someone, anyone dies. So if you get hit, bail out, it's still mission success. But if you wait until you hit the ground, and walk to the next town, chances are someone else will have died since your plane crashed. Therefore, the mission will be a failure. 

So if you get hit, try to belly land, or if you bail out, hit escape as soon as you're hanging on your chure.

1 hour ago, Reflected said:

@YoYo here's why it didn't work for you:

The way it's set up is: On pilot dead - unit dead (player) = flag off (failure)

BUT: due to DCS limitations, the 'on pilot dead' refers to any pilot not only the player. You can't specify who in the mission editor.

What does it mean?

If the player's aircraft is destroyed, the mission will still be successful until someone, anyone dies. So if you get hit, bail out, it's still mission success. But if you wait until you hit the ground, and walk to the next town, chances are someone else will have died since your plane crashed. Therefore, the mission will be a failure. 

So if you get hit, try to belly land, or if you bail out, hit escape as soon as you're hanging on your chure.

Ohhh, good to know, so those guys was really wrong :lol:

main-qimg-be5451b0ccfc1f14e425e2029d667a

Yoyosimsbanner.gif