Bandwidth usage of dedicated server

Hi all,

There is a chance for our squad to have a sponsored link in range of 10/2 Mbit (which is an expensive luxury in my country), but the main concern for our sponsor is bandwidth usage.

I would like to ask admins of servers from HL:

- what speeds are they using

- could they post a link (or send me a file) to thier bandwidth report, over 1 month period

- report on average number of players, or if not avaiable what is the maximim number that can access their server

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Renato71

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

294970627.png

Its the upload speed that is important. With 2MBit upload you can probably handle 10 to 15 clients without too much lag. There are more variables invovled such as mission size, etc. But the upload is going to be the limiting factor for you.

Edit

If the location is not important, I would be glad to hook you up with our provider. He provides servers for us (the 159th) 3sqn and the 51st. If you want more info PM me.

Edited by Fudd
The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

294970627.png

Its the upload speed that is important. With 2MBit upload you can probably handle 10 to 15 clients without too much lag. There are more variables invovled such as mission size, etc. But the upload is going to be the limiting factor for you.

Yes, I know that, and thats what I told them. But I need "hard evidence", something like graph from TuAF stats (sadly, not avaiable at the moment :cry: ). There will be testing of course, but I have to present them some facts before we could begein even that.

Contact via PM.

I cant give you any hard evidence, only the speedtest.net info. We dont keep track of bandwith usage and or client loads.

I can tell that 2mbit upload will probably be more than enough for your squad exercises.

If you want a sever that can handle large client loads like 3Sqn (LOCERF server) 169th (BSS Server) and 104th, all who can handle 60+ client loads, you need more than 10mbit/sec upload speed and at least a Core 2 Duo (E6400 or higher) processor.

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

Consider this very basic number: You will need 100Kbit/s speed per client. If your mission has a lot of stuff in it, you might need a little more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thanks Ice! That is very usefull screenshot!

So, 30 clients are eating up around 3 Mbps?

If anybody else has similiar "hard data" I would be very grateful.

Thaks all!

Contact via PM.

Yes, I know that, and thats what I told them. But I need "hard evidence", something like graph from TuAF stats (sadly, not avaiable at the moment :cry: ). There will be testing of course, but I have to present them some facts before we could begein even that.

If you need some graphical interface to check internet badhwith usage, send me a PM.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Hi Torwak!

PM sent. I was about to contact you on this subject as I remember that you had network usage graphs on stats pages. Do you have any log or screenshot about that?

Thanks in advance, Renato

Contact via PM.