F/A-18C HOTAS

I recently bought the F/A-18C. I’m doing research into which HOTAS is best, and I’m trying to find the most realistic one possible. I know the TMW has an f-18 add on for the stick, but is there any way to get an f-18 throttle? Either as an add on to a HOTAS, or as a standard model. Thank you! 

35 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

Either the wingwing taurus throttle unit (fairly pricy) or the TM T16000M throttle which mostly resembles a Hornet throttle.

I’ve seen the wingwing, but it is a bit more expensive than I’d like. I’ll check out that other one.

You might have a look at the new Virpil CM3 Throttle. I recently got one and am very pleased with it so far.

Also VKB is about to come out with their new TECS throttle.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

21 hours ago, N46em said:

I’ve seen the wingwing, but it is a bit more expensive than I’d like. I’ll check out that other one.

I was in the same boat as you my friend.  I have been a Warthog fan ever since it landed on the market. It's is still the A10 and beautiful. For an F18 I went with TM's FA18 stick since I'm a fan. I replaced the Warthog's black gimbal spring with the Green one from "Warthog Extensions" + I added the 20cm stainless extension piece and now my flight stick has travel that is like butter.  No sanding, no 767A grease needed. (which is a good procedure if you choose that method),...  I can pull my stick over and it will just sit there "360", and not even move.  Now any little input I do, the more accurate travel range compared to the real hornet... (not that I would know)....I get a response instead of having to cope with a sort of resistance that causes me to constantly over correct. I never realized how much I was fighting HOTAS as opposed to controlling and enjoying the effects or equation of a given input.  Warthog Extensions is out of Poland and expensive. For my stick it was quick and did the trick for me.  Real easy clean too.   I like the TM stick over the Win Wing simply because it has the spring slider next to our Recee button that is perfect for zoom in zoom out view. ... "The Throttle"   What am I gonna do with this A10 mini Hog now?!  I spent $750.00 on that Win Wing Throttle.  It was like... $565.00 then Win Wing charged me $190.00 to ship it to my location!  It took about a week to arrive Fedx!  I am very impressed and pleased. The throttle's range too!  I was originally mainly after the HOTAS button configuration. The Antenna spring loaded slider on the throttle is a must!  This thing was designed for the Hornet operation so I had to spend the extra doe and take a chance!  I love the levers and different stages within the throttle. It matches up with operations in NATOPS for carrier launch mil speed vs afterburner stages.  The switches I wasn't to concerned with on first sight before purchase. But now, in my hands, looking at them and applying them... we have a APU that lights up! Fuel prob! Right and left generator and batt switch, even though it is on the left side so what. It has the external light switches pretty much identical right on the other side of the throttle sliders!  Drop tank switches for a quick defensive BFM situation.  At the end of the day  it is simply about having fun. It's a a video game.  For me.. I am glad I spend the doe for this Throttle to go with my more customized stick action! The range and speed control now is tighter which enables me to sort of match this with my newly founded stick control. Makes it a more fun flight experience for a home sim for sure! I contacted Win Wing too and inquired if I ever had a problem or needed a switch replaced could I purchase one and he replied back with broken english in an email and said he would give me any switches if I ever needed one.  I have consulted with some of the bigger fish here that produce some of those videos on youtube and some said they have played their Win Wings for hours a day with no issues.  But then some did not respond either. I wish I could be like some where these companies send it to them for a free review.

So I took a chance. I have no regrets.

I even want more of their products since I'm not gonna build a full blown cockpit.

If your a Hornet fan, my opinion is the Win Wing is the front runner! 

I told Win Wing that I think they should do a video and show us more personally and let us see them. They agreed but told me that they are short staffed and busy trying to produce enough product to keep up with their demand, then he tells me he will give me a switch if I ever need one. Sine their prototype a year ago is has been said they beefed  up on any issues. 

Buying from them though is like buying led zeppelin tickets-sold out! 🏟️

I'm confident so far ..........  

I have nothing bad to say about anyone else's preference choice either.  If it controls the game it's all the same.

Edited by DragonFlySlayer
TYPO

Winwing’s throttle is the best choice. For the stick, the best option is Realsimulator’s F18CGRH paired with a Virpil T-50CM2 base and 200 mm extension.

Notice I said best, not cheapest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)