Review from a campaign noob

So this is my first campaign for the f18  I played through in 3 days.

as ppl have written in the other thread the style (voice acting) is somewhat special and a little too cheesy for my taste. 
the missions are diversified and entertaining. I love the tension that is built up with all the other ground and air assets, especially since there are many units at the same time doing their thing. So there you have 4-8 friendly planes doing simultaneous attacks and all of a sudden the air is filled with a dozen harpoons or Mavericks. Great fun. Or the fleet Defence mission, which is the best in my opinion-too gun vibes!
only in the last mission I would have hoped for a big orchestrated battle what was hinted in the prologue mission (no more spoilers). But the campaign overall still was very much fun for me. The save game option is also really nice, it saves precious time 😉 

9900k, 2080TI, 64GB, ssd, valve index, Thrustmaster on virpil, virpil cm2 throttle, tpr pedals, mfd.

1小时前,scheffchen说:

as ppl have written in the other thread the style (voice acting) is somewhat special and a little too cheesy for my taste. 
the missions are diversified and entertaining. I love the tension that is built up with all the other ground and air assets, especially since there are many units at the same time doing their thing. So there you have 4-8 friendly planes doing simultaneous attacks and all of a sudden the air is filled with a dozen harpoons or Mavericks. Great fun. Or the fleet Defence mission, which is the best in my opinion-too gun vibes!
only in the last mission I would have hoped for a big orchestrated battle what was hinted in the prologue mission (no more spoilers). But the campaign overall still was very much fun for me. The save game option is also really nice, it saves precious time 😉 

Yes, our hope is to let players focus on fighting, reduce the time wasted on the route, and speed up the pace. I hope you like this and enjoy the game. 😉

14 hours ago, scheffchen said:

Hey scheffchen, thank you so much for playing! Glad that you enjoyed it! For the last part, was think of that, lack of ammunition was the main concern. But then, it was still challenging if you made the "manly" choice. If you liked it, recommend to your friends and have them join the fight! Everybody gotta start somewhere😄.

23 minutes ago, Bravelink03 said:

Personally my favorites was Fuhrling and the one where you have to hold out until your wingmen and that F-14 to show up. I thought I personally woudln't enjoy it and I'm glad to be wrong.

Good job guys

Hi Bravelink03, thank you very much for playing. That is very interesting, some hated us for Fruhling as they get so frustrated of the last bit haha, I'm glad that you liked it. Thank you for your kind words and support, it was a great relief for us as well, we are very happy that most can enjoy the campaigns. There are some very interesting things at Fruhling... Pay close attention to things in that "civil airfield". Don't tell me here if you find anything :D.

I do hope to see more campaigns from you guys, especially for other planes.  It would be even better for a multi-plane campaign that lets you pick and choose your own planes and armaments.  This type of campaign is perfect for newcomers or people who do not have hours and hours to sink on gaming.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

3小时前,Supmua说:

I do hope to see more campaigns from you guys, especially for other planes.  It would be even better for a multi-plane campaign that lets you pick and choose your own planes and armaments.  This type of campaign is perfect for newcomers or people who do not have hours and hours to sink on gaming.

wait in hope 😄

Edited by JG54_NF2
  • Like 1

11小时前,BrzI说:

Yes, but that name does not help when I look at the map (F10).

Anyway - I figured it out. On to the next mission.

Thanks

In next update, the smoke mark and flares at that airport will activate faster so that can help yo for find airport in the cockpit. 

Edited by JG54_NF2
  • Thanks 1