Mission 10

Shimvolski

50分钟前,Shimvolski说:

I currently cannot get the slam to fly a low flight profile and they always come in high and get shot by AAA.  Anyone know a way to do this mission successfully with the slam?

Hi @Shimvolski

It's better to launch your missile at the same time with friendly forces, so as to disperse the enemy's air defense interception probability. In addition, if you operate properly, you can launch two missiles together and control two missiles at the same time.

Of course, don't worry, even if you don't hit the target, your teammates will help you finish the task after a certain period of time.

I can get the sub with the slam now.  Just took multiple tries and timing it exactly right.  The ammo depot is another story, completely unable to slip a slam in there due to AAA.  Forget about getting close with guns.  I ended up completing the mission with lgbs from 30ft.

2021/2/5 PM10点50分,Shimvolski说:

I can get the sub with the slam now.  Just took multiple tries and timing it exactly right.  The ammo depot is another story, completely unable to slip a slam in there due to AAA.  Forget about getting close with guns.  I ended up completing the mission with lgbs from 30ft.

I will readjust the interception possibility of Sam

What and where is the "ammo depot"? I've also destroyed the submarine with LGBU, but can not understand what i am asked to do next. Ammo depot is not marked in the briefing photo. Also the mission needs a checkpoint (every missions needs them imo) as the mission has a long approache to target . 

Found it, its a bunch of crates and barrels on the dock. Still needs to be better explained in the briefing though:)

Edited by Katmandu

1 hour ago, Katmandu said:

What and where is the "ammo depot"? I've also destroyed the submarine with LGBU, but can not understand what i am asked to do next. Ammo depot is not marked in the briefing photo. Also the mission needs a checkpoint (every missions needs them imo) as the mission has a long approache to target . 

Found it, its a bunch of crates and barrels on the dock. Still needs to be better explained in the briefing though:)

We have made it more clear in the mission bar and will update in the next patch, thanks for the heads up! Sorry about the inconvinience.

• 10 months later...

Wait, where is the ammo depot this time? Version 2.7.8 OB. No blue smoke, I tried to bomb some crates like Katmandu said, but nothing happen. It is kinda frustrating flying this whole campaign, countless moment where I have to restart over and over.

Some youtube channel showed White smoke, it was 6 months ago.

Hit one of the trucks that are next to the cargo ship, it will trigger a big explosion in that area.  The current instruction is not very clear.

There are other campaigns with 2hr missions, imagine 1:30 hr in and you ran out of ammo or crashed or got shot down and had to redo the whole thing.  At least the mission length is more manageable for average players in this campaign.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

2021/12/18 PM5点33分,jdfocus1985说:

Wait, where is the ammo depot this time? Version 2.7.8 OB. No blue smoke, I tried to bomb some crates like Katmandu said, but nothing happen. It is kinda frustrating flying this whole campaign, countless moment where I have to restart over and over.

Some youtube channel showed White smoke, it was 6 months ago.

I estimate that ED will update the latest patch this Wednesday or next Wednesday, which will solve this problem.