Question to Multicrew

Hajime

Hey,

yesterday I realised that Multicrew in the Gazelle is... lets say: "it needs improvement". Which is sad, because I tried the Gazelle in the free to play event and I like it.

Multicrew in the Huey is a relatively new feature. How it was solved in the Huey before Multicrew came out (I bought it afterwards)?

I try to understand why Multicrew is working on e.g. the L-39 for (a long) time and not on helicopters?

I could imagine that in a plane the two cockpits are, lets say, two different (code-)blackboxes which do not interact directly whereas in a helicopter the Pilot / Co-Pilot can switch every button in a shared cockpit?

• Like 1

Hi there !

The multicrew in the Gazelle is indeed a work in progress (I used to fly the Gazelle as the Chef de Bord for a few months without any major problems). The developers have shared a few times that they would come back to this functionality when Eagle Dynamics would offer a proper support of multicrew to their 3rd parties developers. The Huey just received its multicrew support, with the release of the Hind in the weeks to come, multicrew support will certainly get better and more reliable.

I am confident that the Gazelle will receive its update after the Kiowa release. Polychop already planned to rewrite the flight model, I suppose they will get to the multicrew after that. With a little luck, we'll see the results within the next year ?

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

• 2 months later...

Yesterday we did it for the very first time with the HOT missles. Everything worked fine until my mate wanted to pull the trigger and launch a HOT missle. First attempt he bugged out of the game, but after this we where not able to launch a missle. everything was set up correct and i saw his button press on the virtual stick. so everything was fine...but no launch. after he left the chopper i switched to his seat and fired the HOT ... and it worked...

Is it a known issue?

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

• 3 months later...
On 8/17/2021 at 6:25 AM, hannibal said:

i hope there will some some plans to update multicrew for the sa342.

would be nice to have a functional multicrew VR minigun

What problem do you have with the minigun version in VR ? I flew a mission in MC with someone handling the minigun and he did not report any issue ; it was a few weeks back though, perhaps something happened since the last update ?

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

On 8/21/2021 at 3:08 AM, tugais said:

What problem do you have with the minigun version in VR ? I flew a mission in MC with someone handling the minigun and he did not report any issue ; it was a few weeks back though, perhaps something happened since the last update ?

i will check out!!! again.. i admit, i havent played gaz since early this year.

last time my issue was that, the minigun was always following your face.

the huey was like that at first... but after the big huey patch from early this year, the huey minigun in VR was corrected..

i will look at gaz minigun again. 

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

i just checked.

still the same as before.

1) missing exterior textures when looking at the gaz from the minigun position

2) NO axis assignments for the minigun

3) minigun is stuck to my face, the minigun is still coupled with the play view (PLEASE DECOUPLE the gun from player view)

4) unable to assign joystick to UP/DOWN minigun slew, and LEFT/RIGHT minigun slew

these three situations make it impossible for me to play in VR 

On 8/23/2021 at 8:02 AM, hannibal said:

i just checked.

still the same as before.

1) missing exterior textures when looking at the gaz from the minigun position

2) NO axis assignments for the minigun

3) minigun is stuck to my face, the minigun is still coupled with the play view (PLEASE DECOUPLE the gun from player view)

4) unable to assign joystick to UP/DOWN minigun slew, and LEFT/RIGHT minigun slew

these three situations make it impossible for me to play in VR 

I'm surprised my gunner didn't complain about this last time we flew on the Minigun. I will ask him how he manages the minigun in VR.

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

5 minutes ago, tugais said:

I'm surprised my gunner didn't complain about this last time we flew on the Minigun. I will ask him how he manages the minigun in VR.

he probably aims by looking at a target, as in, where your face turns to, the minigun turns too.

THIS IS NOT the way.

if you ever try the UH1H doorgunner, THAT IS THE WAY in VR1