Orbx Volanta flight tracking, quick fix for losing TacView data

Hi,

for those of you using Orbx's Volanta flight tracking in DCS, you might have recognized that after installing the Mod/plugin the Tacview export isn't working anymore.

I found a quick fix for this until Orbx will hopefully delivery an official one. By changing the lua file manually you're able to use Volanta and Tacview.

Open the Export.lua file located in User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\

Search for the Volanta app line and replace it with the following:

dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir().."Scripts/DCS_Volanta.lua")

Finally make sure that the tacview export lines are above the Volanta line and save it.

Volanta states in the app that the DCS plugin isn't installed. Just ignore this message and start your flight, flight tracking should be working.

So long,

Snafu

Edited by CptSnafu
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I have dofile(lfs.writedir() .. "Scripts/DCS_Volanta.lua") entered after the tacview entry in my export.lua, but Volanta still does not detect DCS. It does not give a warning message that DCS plugin is not installed. It simply doesn't recognize the existence of DCS at all.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

It cant be dead as my friend is usuing it, i cant get volanta to recognise dcs at all though. I have no volanta entry in my export lua file.

Is thee a volanta plugin i need for dcs, or alternatively a dcs plugin for volanta? Volanta shows a msfs plugin in the user settings > simulators screen but nothing for dcs

Edited by Sprool