War in Georgia, photo and video only [No discussion]

Kusch

Its a tradeoff of risks. Pilots getting captured is always a risk. If you want to negate that risk to Zero percent you not have war jets nor choppers. :) The small risk to the pilot vs the expense of a 3 cruise missiles (there were 3 visible bombing runs on that airport)... Its an easy choice.

And perhaps the wrong choice since one Tu22M was shot down during that bombing run.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the wrong info then if that is the case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Its a tradeoff of risks. Pilots getting captured is always a risk. If you want to negate that risk to Zero percent you not have war jets nor choppers. :) The small risk to the pilot vs the expense of a 3 cruise missiles (there were 3 visible bombing runs on that airport)... Its an easy choice.

manned airframes can't be ignored against moving targets but for static targets cruise missiles remain better . and lot of unmanned projects worldwide show that politics don't like much to have men in risky zones . remember that soldier in Somalia that was undressed and shown to all TV cameras included . it set the beginning of the end of the USA in Somalia .

Ehm...guys terribly sorry but;

War in Georgia, photo and video only [No discussion]

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...