War in Georgia, photo and video only [No discussion]

Kusch

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://mms://video.rfn.ru/rtr-vesti/143324.asf

This one is the georgian 25 shot down yesterday. I read on russian news that hour and a half ago another georgian 25 has been shot down near Tshinvali, while trying to attack the city. Both planes are claimed to be taken by south-osetian MANPAD's. It is very likely that both planes are ex-bulgarian. My country sold 6 Su-25's (which were not airworthy) to Georgia few years ago.

Edited by =RvE=Tito

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Don't know it was seen, IMO quite interesting frogfoot in action pics :)

5c2c1432c6d19154ca234e0xd7.jpg

9d33fe022578f6ebe910827pr1.jpg

ba48d4686707d0f1aa5e8d6po2.jpg

Cool flares, but only two

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I recommend everyone to post only photo and video info here.

NO COMMENTS, NO DISCUSSION. IT'S WAR GOING ON THERE.

similar thread about conflict on russian forum:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=515949&posted=1

Edited by Dmut

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

The link I posted to a neutral independent article was about humanitarian aid being on its way to the region which is clearly needed for both sides in this conflict. I don't see how that is political or off-topic.

The subject of this forum section is: "military & aviation"......as in the technical aspects of those.

A web-link to an article about humanitarian aide is completely off-topic to the subject of this thread as well as the forum as such.

I realise that it can be difficult to separate technical discussions on military hardware from the situations in which it is being used, but it is absolutely necessary and, as Groove already said, the alternative is that we systematically delete all further topics relating to the current conflict in Georgia.

I advice posters to follow Dmut's suggestion.

JJ

A Georgian soldier riding a top a tank in the northern Georgian town of Gori, on Saturday, Aug. 9, 2008. Georgia launched a massive offensive to regain control over the breakaway province. Russia has close ties with the province and responded by sending in armed convoys and invading. Georgia has accused Russia of bombing its towns, ports and air bases and has asked the international community to help end what it called "Russian aggression".

340xov1.jpg

610xai6.jpg

Georgian tanks ride in the northern Georgian town of Gori, on Saturday, Aug. 9, 2008.

610xnp3.jpg

A car passes tanks in Gori, 80 km (50 miles) from Tbilisi, August 9, 2008. Russia said it had driven Georgian forces from the capital of South Ossetia on Saturday as part of an operation to force Georgia to accept the breakaway of South Ossetia.

610xtu2.jpg

МАССАНДРА: "Микоян Артём Славный Сын Армянского Народа Дарит Радость Авиаторам".

Big caliber (Scarab, Smerch?):

[...]

Probably it's SS-21 (OTR-21). The remains o the missile shown below were founded near Poti.

21dk0.jpg

25825599zx2.jpg

МАССАНДРА: "Микоян Артём Славный Сын Армянского Народа Дарит Радость Авиаторам".

Chechen special forces soldiers from Vostok (East) army unit gingerly arrest suspected Georgian artillery gunners after a battle in the Georgian village of Zemo Nikozi some 20 km (12 miles) outside the South Ossetian capital of Tshinvali, August 11, 2008.

610xfc7.jpg

Chechen special forces from the Vostok (East) army unit prepare to attack the Georgian village of Zemo Nikozi some 20 km (12 miles) outside South Ossetian capital of Tshinvali, August 11, 2008.

610xgx1.jpg

Russian mobile artillery unit fires a 152mm shell towards a Georgion position outside the Georgian village of Zemo Nikozi some 20 km (12 miles) outside South Ossetian capital of Tslhinvali, August 11, 2008.

610xeq2.jpg

Russian soldiers prepare to attack the Georgian village of Zemo Nikozi some 20 km (12 miles) outside the South Ossetian capital of Tshinvali, August 11, 2008.

610xie4.jpg

Russian soldiers move during an attack on the Georgian village of Zemo Nikozi some 20 km (12 miles) outside South Ossetian capital of Tshinvali, August 11, 2008.

610xex6.jpg

Russian soldiers rest after attacking the Georgian village of Zemo Nikozi some 20 km (12 miles) outside South Ossetian capital of Tshinvali, August 11, 2008.

610xnw0.jpg