Kneeboard not responding to voice commands?

Lostaviator

How are you asking for the other pages (they are a different command structure so 'Air Traffic...Page' etc)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Sorry and thanks for responding.  I've been busy with other stuff.   Yes I believe I am using the correct terms.   Air traffic control, Tower, Anvil, Texaco or Tanker,  Crystal Palace, Chief.

Do you have to say Page each time?  Maybe that is my problem?  Seems like it was working then it stopped with one of the DCS updates.  And I am running Open Beta version of DCS.

I don't know if this helps or not, but you can add the tab commands seperatley, with commands either added or appended to your Vaicom profile. The explanation is in the manual page 46 I believe

When this was last asked I put the tab commands into a very small profile that you could use to either append or extract the individual commands to your Vaicom profile, I'm using VSPX and the standard commands don't work well with VSPX. I've had my profile set up this was for ages and the tabs are recognized pretty much flawlessly.

All the profile does is Open and Close the Kneeboard (using a DCS Keyboard command) and exectues the "external plug in" Command to tab to the relevant Interactive Kneeboard tab. Just delete any commands you don't want and change the "When I Say" to what works for you, Rocket Science it's not

Interactive Kneeboard-Profile.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just remember that AutoBrowse will page the kneeboard to the Interactive Kneeboard every time it displays or updates with new information.

For some that's what they want, some are Ok with it and others (like me) absolutely hate it.

I use the kneeboard to check frequencies, TACAN etc:, to use checklists, or airfilled diagrams.

Last thing I want is the kneeboard jumping all over that place when Vaicom decides it wants to tell me something

It all depends what, why and how you use the kneeboard in the game

• Like 1

As @Weegie says, the AutoBrowse is an option so that you don't have to say Page after the tab you want to view, but does mean that the Kneeboard will change back to the appropriate Vaicom tab when new information is received.

If you don't have Autbrowse enabled then you need to say <tab name>....Page to switch to the corresponding tab on the kneeboard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

just fyi you can also assign buttons for the tabs, or for next / previous tab. i got tired of speaking to change tab. i have a hat configured in shift mode where press is show/hide, up/down is next/previous page, and right/left is next/previous tab. the actions to setup in the voiceattack profile are 'kneeboard.tab.prv' and 'kneeboard.tab.nxt'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I really need to read the manual on this. I purchased this extension some time ago but no idea what it does for me or how to use lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 1 year later...