Eastern Friendship Missions by Sedlo - F-5E Tiger Editions

Sedlo

Hello All! 

This weekend, I took the opportunity to convert one (soon to be three) of my Eastern Friendship missions for the F-5E Tiger II.  A lot of re-work went into making it compatible, and a lot of tweaks under the hood to enhance gameplay.  I hope you like it!

DOWNLOAD LINKhttps://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315423/

EF_1_TIGER_TITLE.jpg

EASTERN FRIENDSHIP MISSION 1 (F-5E Tiger Version)

SITUATION

The situation in northern Georgia, South Ossetia and Abkhazia is deteriorating by the hour. Insurgent attacks against Georgian military, police and political targets have increased dramatically in the last 48 hours, even as NATO air and ground forces are deploying to the theatre. Last night, a Georgian weapons depot was attacked by Russian back South Ossetia separatist forces, and a number of weapons systems were stolen, including APCs, radar guided AA vehicles and munitions. Intelligence suggests these purloined assets will be moved East back into South Ossetia. Badger 1, a joint Canadian/Georgian ground force has been tasked in locating this stolen armour, and is hot on the track of them East of Camp Cougar.

MISSION

You are the lead pilot of Colt 5 flight of 2 F-5Es based at Kutaisi Airbase in northern Georgia. Colt 5 is sitting alert ready to support NATO and Georgian ground forces. Rumour is that Badger 1 is hot on the tail of the stolen armour. The weather is not great, a low overcast of 10000ft will keep close air support right in the heart of the AAA and MANPAD envelope. We have already lost 2 NATO aircraft to hostile fire, so make sure to employ liberal use of flares when flying in proximity to hostile forces

DETAILED BRIEFING DOCUMENATION IS AVAILABLE AS A PDF FILE LOCATED INSIDE THE DOWNLOAD

DESIGNER'S NOTES 

1. You do not need to use the in game ATC functions.  These are scripted for you, but require you to make frequency changes on your aircraft radio.
  2. This mission was originally written years ago and some of my voice actors have moved on to other things.  There are a few instances where you are directed to proceed direct to a waypoint.  In these situations, you will need to navigate to a TACAN fix, which will be noted in the briefing, your in flight kneeboards and as a small text message in game.
  3. As there is no INS/GPS in the F-5E, you will have to rely on TACAN navigation.  Don't worry, you don't have to be incredibly precise (plus or minus several miles will still work).  Still, it's good practice to get to know how to navigate with TACAN.  See your mission brief and kneeboard cards for the waypoint/fixes.
  4. Do not change your weapons loadout.  This mission relies on certain weapons triggering certain triggers, so if you make changes the mission may (will) break.
  5. Fly the overhead break to land.  Real fighter pilots fly the overhead break, us DCS players should do the same.  If you are unfamiliar with the overhead break, watch this video from @Wags on how to do it: https://youtu.be/9uF2Bhq2AV0

Edited by Sedlo
change title
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, 2alpha-down0 said:

Loved this campaign for the Hornet; will be a real challenge in the Tiger.

Currently working on mission 2.... Will be followed by mission 4.  Hopefully 2 will be up next weekend.

52 minutes ago, Hags said:

New to DCS and the F-5, my favorite aircraft, looking to give this try.  Thanks.

I hope you enjoy it!

• Like 1

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Sedlo:

Currently working on mission 2.... Will be followed by mission 4.  Hopefully 2 will be up next weekend.

I hope you enjoy it!

Are you certain the mission works? I'm really bad at the F-5 but I'm certain I'm hitting the high priority APCs with my hydras, but they seem to be invincible. I checked the mission file and it seems they only lose invicibility when a bomb gets near them...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rizn-Nuke said:

Are you certain the mission works? I'm really bad at the F-5 but I'm certain I'm hitting the high priority APCs with my hydras, but they seem to be invincible. I checked the mission file and it seems they only lose invicibility when a bomb gets near them...

I was killing them with guns and rockets last night.  There does seem to be a script or trigger at work, though, since I was sometimes getting one-hit kills with guns. 🤔

• Like 1

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

7 hours ago, Rizn-Nuke said:

Hey @Rizn-Nuke! Bomb, missile or gun will set them to be vulnerable.  And yes, @2alpha-down0, there is a little script magic to help 🙂

Edited by Sedlo

• Sedlo changed the title to Eastern Friendship Missions by Sedlo - F-5E Tiger Editions