Can somebody make this? Vertical landing pad markings

Bog9y

Is anyone here able to create markings like these vertical landing pads? I'm just looking after the markings, it doesn't have to be functioning like the marston pad (able to place on grass etc). I just need the markings to overlay on a revetment or concrete area. 

The 476th VFW created Field carrier landing practice markings to overlay on a normal runway so I was wondering if something like this is possible for VL pads?

VLpad1.png

VLPAD2.png

2 hours ago, Wrench said:

Here's a quick and dirty version.

fqfxi2b.jpg

It'll go in 

C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech

padMark.zip 34.7 kB · 2 downloads

i just tried the mod and it's awesome! I'm trying to use it for the AV8B and hovering at 50 ft above it's hard to see the pad marking, is there any coding I can change to make the pad larger? say around 50% larger?

So the pad (the grey checkered bit) should be 67 x 67 meters (220 ft x 220 ft) and the inner yellow square should be 30 x 30 meters (100 ft x 100 ft). Please let me know if you need any more info or a picture with the dimensions on it.  Again, many thanks for this. Do you mind if I share it with fellow Harrier pilots?

13 hours ago, Wrench said:

Affirm. The first version was 20x20.

Hmmm, got a weird bug when this mod is in my tech folder. I can not add vehicles in the mission editor. Really weird, you click on the tank icon to add a vehicle, you click on the map but nothing happens. No idea why. Any thoughts?

• 8 months later...

I fixed the issue with the vehicles in the Mission Editor and gave the texture some love... Thanks to Wrench for the initial mod and Bog9y for the concept.

Still not perfect, no LODs, does need a mostly flat area etc. but good enough for hover practice and spicing up some airports...

Harrier_Landing Pad.png

padMark.zip

• Thanks 4

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)