Does asymmetric right/left thrust levels have any effect on the MiG19?

lwalter

On all other DCS jets with 2 engines, when I set one engine to max and the other one to min my plane starts rolling in the opposite direction of the most powerful thrust.

How come this doesn't happen with MiG 19? I checked I didn't make a mistake with my axis bindings. When I look at the engine tachometer, the needles with 1 and 2 are clearly showing different values.

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

The Mig-19 IS rolling slowly to either side if you apply asymmetric power. It may not be so much as other jets cause the engines are placed close to the aircraft's symmetry plane, contrary to for instance the Tomcat where the lateral position is much larger. For the Tomcat It is even advised not to use afterburner on take-off because if one of the engines fail you'll be in trouble because of asymmetric thrust.

The engines are quite close together and also individually quite weak. You will get asymmetric thrust effects, but they're much more subtle than most aircraft. The F-5 is probably the closest comparison - it's in a similar boat.