Markindel's HSwMS Visby K31

Hawkeye60

On 2/22/2022 at 6:32 PM, currenthill said:

HSwMS Visby K31 Corvette by Markindel, Hawkeye60 and Currenthill

Release version 2.0 by Currenthill

The new version includes the HSwMS Visby K31 stealth corvette with some artistic freedom compared to the actual ship, like the ordered but not installed short range SAM. I went with the most likely implementation, the dual 3-cell ExLS launchers with a total of 24 CAMM missiles. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-xE45EHVp23G_OtdyA9ZAKUMeWlcOxTf/view?usp=sharing

Helikopter 15B (AI) by Currenthill

Release version 1.0 by Currenthill

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-wluXEmHv8xpjdtMfIMaX4GFvHrg0VqK/view?usp=sharing

Have fun and don't forget to post pics and videos with them in action! 👍🏻

Hey, @currenthill, I really like this mod but maybe the AA CAMM missiles are over-effective. 

I attacked the Visby with three Su30, each armed with 4 kh31A and one Brahmos. All the 15 missiles where shot down, and the 3 Su30 too. 

I never see so effective AA ship in DCS, included frigates and destroyers. I usually get 2-3 impacts when fired 15 missiles, same of them Brahmos.

Maybe can we have in future more realistic behavior? 

Thanks! 

I'm think it may perform very well..  the CAMM missiles are point defence systems and are designed for countering simultaneous threats at short range. Also this is a very modern system and is designed to counter modern offensive missile systems.

You are probably trying to defeat the missile in its strongest envelope.

Also anti ship attacks need more tactic and plan. A clever and careful plan with various permutations of attack directions, frequency and volume need to be planned and executed. You need to employ decoys and signal jammers and confuse and overwhelm the ships radar and resources. You should if possible jam or isolate its datalink. Then you should carry out attack in waves. Multiple assets and platforms should be used in unison probably coordinated via datalink. This is the least you should do in a ship based attack. But alas.. dcs doesn't have many of such capabilities. 

In real life if you send 4 fighters with ashp missiles and perform a linear attack against a modern armed ship its guaranteed to fail.